View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Steph
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Responsibility

I was surprised Keith and Chemda both thought the venue that served the woman the alcohol and then knowlingly let her get in her car and drive should not be held partially responsible. By the same logic Purdue Pharma should not be held responsible in any way for the opioid epidemic. All they did was produce, sell and market a highly addictive substance in order to make a profit. If people get addicted and overdose that's their problem, according to the logic you are using here. I think a venue that markets, sells, and profits from a highly addictive substance (alcohol) bears some of the responsibility for the negative effects of selling that substance. I am surprised given your past statements about alcohol and the nature of addiction that you were taking the stance that the woman who drove drunk bears sole responsibility. Budweiser is laughing all the way to the bank.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote