View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 01:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Apia resurrected
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Now I in the mood for even more openness about it.
It's complex.
Sometimes especially my mother annoys me so much that I think not even a Saint could take it and not react.
She loves to control everything and even after knowing her so long I don't know if she will be absolutely cool about a thing or absolutely terrible.
She is funny but also very dominant and judgmental.But she is also very caring and 100 percent dependable. She would do everything for us.
With my father it's also interesting. He is for a man of his age rather progressive, he took care of our infant son by himslef because he was already retired and my mother wasn't for a month and came with me to a city 3 hours away because it was necessary for my new work. Feeling the baby and diaper changes and walks and all. He said: of course I'll do it, if it's good for your career, it's good for all of us in the family. On the other hand he has questionable political opinions, and is afraid of too much change. But he is at the edge of questionable, we can still catch him with logic and he can admit he was wrong.
I would give them a 7/10 for being my parents. Now more 8, in the former years 5, 6 on good days. Oh, my mother is yelling. Maybe it's more a 7 now.

And if I ever said something like "be yourself and let love in" to them they would ask me if I just had a stroke. They are hard eastern Europeans.

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 05-28-2023 at 01:57 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote