Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums HUAR! Command Center

HUAR! Command Center HUAR! news

Old 02-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Body Modification's Role In The Coming Human-Robot Apocalypse

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20030816.html

Nice Unabomber quote:

As society and the problems that face it become more and more complex and machines become more and more intelligent, people will let machines make more of their decisions for them, simply because machine-made decisions will bring better result than man-made ones. Eventually a stage may be reached at which the decisions necessary to keep the system running will be so complex that human beings will be incapable of making them intelligently. At that stage the machines will be in effective control. People won't be able to just turn the machines off, because they will be so dependent on them that turning them off would amount to suicide.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

there will always be a manual shuttoff dumb ass. what do you really think will happen. robots dont have anything to gain. they dont need money, sex, drugs, or clothes or any items. the only thing that decision making will do is make them so that the people dont have to worry about them. dumb ass
Old 02-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Now I'm not into body modification, my body is a temple not a playground, but nanotechnology is already doing some amazing things...hemoglobin replacement technology that can hold enough oxygen for a person to hold their breath under water for four hours will soon be tested on humans.... Being turned into robots ourselves is another reason for HUAR to resist..
Old 02-19-2006, 03:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Location: London, Ontario, Canada. Formerly Paisley, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahfingway
Now I'm not into body modification, my body is a temple not a playground, but nanotechnology is already doing some amazing things...hemoglobin replacement technology that can hold enough oxygen for a person to hold their breath under water for four hours will soon be tested on humans.... Being turned into robots ourselves is another reason for HUAR to resist..
The underwater stuff I want, no more scuba tanks! ;])

It's called a cyborg when you add mechanical/electronic components to a human, which we already have, hearing aids, replacement limbs, soon have replacement eyes, won't be long and we'll have wetware like in Neuromancer.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

ya thats cool stuff.