Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   HUAR! Command Center (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Robots at KFC and Taco Bell (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f15/robots-kfc-taco-bell-1851/)

MichaelG 02-23-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinny15
. Theres not going to be a specific bug that initiates "take over the world"

Not untill they can have a robot that can 'take over the world" The more Robots they build the closer they get to haveing the perfect human killing machine.
(other than Man himself, and tigers, and midgets ---oh you know what I mean)

devilishone 02-23-2006 01:57 PM

Those damn midgets, I have to wear full body armour every day to prevent the local midget squad from killing me of a morning. DIE MIDGET SCUM!!! ;])

vinny15 02-23-2006 02:51 PM

Ok that hilarious the midget crap. Well we are'nt gong to make a robot purposely that has a specific program that says take over the world. You know what i mean. We are making robots to help around the house and so forth.

devilishone 02-23-2006 03:22 PM

And the UCAV which will be completely autonymous from human control unlike the UAV which needs a human pilot. Look into Darpa, they have a lot of fun toys in the pipeline to replace the human soldier element in wars.

vinny15 02-23-2006 05:16 PM

The UCAV is science fiction right now, but it probably will be implemented. Also what everyone skips in science fiction movies is that an AI of any kind will have a manual shuttoff. Always no matter what.

ScubaSteve24 02-23-2006 05:44 PM

Well the military is designing autonomous robots with the express purpose of killing. Manual shutoff is all well and good, but if the thing is blasting away with a big ass machine gun, have fun getting to that switch. The only real manual shut off is EMP. Taking the human element out of the art of killing is wrong on many different levels. One, there is no longer a human cost to war...making war more likely and more sanitized. Two, automated systems can always develop problems. There were several incidents during the cold war where the automated nuke response triggered and fortunaly was able to be overridden, but the point remains...what if it isn't, what if the bug is a tiny one that is deep in the programming...how quickly can programmers get into the code to fix it? Arming non-human controled computers is just a very very bad idea.

vinny15 02-23-2006 06:01 PM

Agreed sortof. I agree with the machine gun senario, but it will be more like an electrical magnetic pulse that just completely disarms it and destroys the programing, CPU, or nuerla network. and that very simple.

Noahfingway 03-04-2006 12:35 AM

Is he gone yet?

Nick Postagulous 03-13-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinny15
Thats because, well...... I LOVE ROBOTS. Robots will help us in are everyday life.

A fleshlight is not a robot.