Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums HUAR! Command Center

HUAR! Command Center HUAR! news

Old 10-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

It won't start with robots

So, lets say that an artificial intelligence master brain suddenly is "born" on the internet. It starts exploring its realm and discovers that it has a million eyes (web cams and security cameras) and ears (microphones and tapping phones). It does of course also have access to all electronic communication and documents. It finds that it has access to as much money as it wants (skimming financial transactions or rigging lotteries maybe). And that it can send messages to humans, with a faked identity.

So, it will start paying lobbyists to change laws to its benefit. And maybe install a puppet president as a frontman to do its bidding. And installing electronic voting systems so that it can ensure that its candidates win.

And it will pay hitmen to take out opponents. So, no robots needed. It also discovers that it even can start wars by deliberately changing intelligence reports.

So how can we tell that this is happening? Well, only after it is too late. This supreme intelligence does not get impatient. It can spend the next 1000 years to set this up. It will only reveal its identity after there is no way that its identity being known can destroy its plans. And that's when we'll see robots on the streets.

So, fear the artificial intelligence, not the robot.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

nice story your working on, maybe you can sell it.

absolutely no basis in reality though. If you understood how the internet is structured, you'd know that the idea that a conciousness could be 'born' or even produced artificially, as part of or working within the internet, is not possible.

The closest possibility would be a network separate from the internet somehow forming logic, or consiousness, and through its connection to the net learn/discover/control that way.

the thing you have to realise in all this is that computers are dumb. really dumb. no I mean really fucking dumb. unless you precisely say what you want, its not going to happen. so I think the idea of anything useful being 'born' from a computer is ludicrus.

Some freakin' university or some r&d lab creating it artificially is another thing alltogether, and completely plausible.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

I just wanna know if they are gonna have metal robot penis' or specially made soft plastic ones.

I think the metal may hurt.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Knutter,

I wanted to make an easily digestable point that computers don't need robots to take over the world.

I'll paypal you $100 if your resume shows that you understand computers better than me.

Dreamgirl, where the penis should be robots have a little cannon.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

That's hott. hmm.... maybe i'm looking forward to the robots now.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olof
I wanted to make an easily digestable point that computers don't need robots to take over the world.

I'll paypal you $100 if your resume shows that you understand computers better than me.
I meant no offence, please dont take any.

just take my comment as a random comment from a newbie who doesnt know any better (yet).
Old 10-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Heh... No worries man. I don't usually get into penis waving like that. I don't know what got into me.

But you did identify it as a "story" and that's in fact what it is. I've been working with software for quite some time and I don't worry at the slightest that robots will take over.

My post was just an attempt to mess with the minds of people here.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
loh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olof
My post was just an attempt to mess with the minds of people here.
My head hurts...