Latest Episode
Play
Old 11-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

I am having issues with Heather's accent.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

If you're not interested in a bit of critical analysis, please skip this post...

I liked it better than the pre-episode, and it was *pretty* good. I'm not trying to just complain; I really want to see this thing get good, which it definately has potential for.

I'm still not sure if you're trying to do something different than the audio podcast or what. The format is different but the content and humor are the same. We're watching some of the same content covered in the podcast here, again. Do you expect the audience to be much different than the audio podcast?

It seems to loose some of the "blemishes and all" extreme sincerity/authenticity that I love in your audio podcast and in other video podcasts (think diggnation or winelibraryTV). I'm not sure the KATG brand works with any kind of scripting. Keith, Chemda and guests work so well when you shoot from the hip.

The cuts are awkward, and as I see it, they are the biggest problem. I feel like the show is being reset after each one. It's as if each cut is a band-aid for not being able to go with a longer take, which everyone who listens to the audio show knows you can do. I know that video adds another layer of performance but if you go one un-rehearsed, un-scripted take, I think you'll really have something.

Also, you do so well just sitting around casually with guests, drinking and shooting the shit. Why not do that? Why not let the format be no different than the live filmings but on a controlled set?

I guess what I really want is a format like the Howard Stern TV show, but with KATG.

That's all I got. If I seem overly critical its because I've been wanting KATGTV for a long time. You've proven youself in the audio-podcast space, and I'm sure you'll succeed in the video podcast space as well.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamS View Post
If you're not interested in a bit of critical analysis, please skip this post...
Yeah, I suppose I agree with a lot of the stuff in this post, especially about the repetition and spontaneity stuff. But, it'll all sort itself really quickly, especially seeing the difference between their first tester and this 'proper' episode. The bugs are going to be ironed out over the next few episodes, I think.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWernerBest View Post
I liked it! More focussed that the pilot and both Keith and Chemda look less shifty and unsure of what they're doing ... but why does Heather Mills have an accent that makes her sound like she's part Jamaican and part Irish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaH112 View Post
I'd so totally prefer banging Chemda even with two pig legs over the nasty Heather Mills.
What are you two talking about? Chemda wasn't in this episode.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
One show and you are on your game! Awesome!

I know you love suggestions... yeah... uh... anyway.... It would be cool if Rellek could make something for the backdrop... and don't be afraid to have a shameless plug back there... like.. KATG.com over and over... like they do when a coach is interviewed.. the team sells that spot behind them... oh wait... yeah.. sell that spot behind you!
i'm sure they'll be springing for a green screen pretty soon
Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

I liked the episode. Funny! Heather Mills is great! It can only get better as time goes on! Great job guys!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

I really liked this episode! I thought Chemda's accent was very cute and Keith's lines were pretty good as well. Not bad for the first official episode!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
What are you two talking about? Chemda wasn't in this episode.
Well, just sayin...
Old 11-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
tga

I really liked it. It's very easy to say this and that needs improvement and it goes against the original idea of the audio show but so what, it's something new and different and I think it's exciting. I am looking forward to watching more!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thumbs up

i think it fucking rocked!! it is still a little rough but so were the first episodes of KATG podcast. definitly something i will be looking forward to every monday!!