Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums KATGtv

Like Tree1Likes

Old 06-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
You had me at "similar to the experience of death"

Also, FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!
Fuck me? What the fuck did I do?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshGhetto View Post
Fuck me? What the fuck did I do?
Welcome to the forums.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Welcome to the forums.
Well, thank you. For a minute there, I got to feel what it was like to be 'taken aback'.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #64 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I did salvia the other day and it was exactly how everyone on the show described it: you feel like something is pulling you. And then the other effects differ. I thought I was in a movie where people were placing me like a puzzle piece into my spots and friends that were surrounding me were fellow actors/puzzle pieces. My one friend got mad because we had to pay $3 per hit and she didn't trip at all.

Over all it was really crazy and totally worth it!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #65 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

just to throw this one the pile ...
Attached Images
File Type: png 2009-05-08-bubble_salvia_trip.png (46.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #66 (permalink)

I had forgotten about this thread, but the video did enter my thoughts recently. I've been reading a book about the history of acid, the CIA, etc. It all sounded so harmless and innocent, such fun. Pretty colors, lots of laughter. So we picked up some salvia, grabbed a mini-bong while we were at it.

Got set, closed the door to the TV room, ready to go. 1 gram of 10X - put just enough in the bowl for a good hit. Wife started the camcorder, I lit it up and took it all in, held it, blew it out. And then I departed the room.

No, I almost literally left the room. First I lay down, started doing McNally's little palsied arm motions. Then I made noises, tried to get out of the recliner, pulled a lamp over. My wife tried holding me, calming me down. I screamed "help me" a couple of times, went for the door, ran into the TV, fell into some weights in the corner, tried climbing over the recliner through the wall, knocked the tripod over. The whole time the wife is trying to keep me from hurting myself and breaking shit and talking to me. Finally I slumped on the floor next to the recliner and just breathed hard for awhile.

Of course I didn't know any of this was going on, because I was completely, totally unaware of any sight or sound in the room. In my mind I was escaping a series of large wheels crashing through the walls trying to run over me, and also collapsing, metal multi-colored walls trying to suck me down into somewhere horrible. I can't describe it any better than that. And then I saw the floor, and the chair, and slowly I realized where I was. And then I remembered - oh yeah, salvia, trip, I'm coming out of it, it isn't real, OH MY GOD IT ISN'T REAL!!! I was so glad I almost cried. But then I realized that only the left side of my vision and hearing were free, the evil vision was still in charge of the right side and I was afraid if I breathed too hard the chemicals would come back and take me back to the scary place again.

One of my first thoughts was that this shit should abso-fucking-lutely be illegal. One hit, only 10X. I'm 48 and weigh 230 pounds. I had a nice full stomach (steak). All that and if I had been alone no telling what could have happened. As it is, I have a scrape on the top of my head and a large goose-egg on my shin.

So hey - my opinion has changed. You should think twice about this shit.

Me? I have sworn off all hallucinogenic substances forever. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it. Dead fucking serious.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:32 AM   #67 (permalink)

Hallucinagens are definitely not for everyone.

Here's an interesting question, though ... when someone smokes pot in the US, is it a form of civil disobedience?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Hallucinagens are definitely not for everyone.
So a certain percentage of the population is expected to have this sort of reaction to a basic salvia trip?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
So a certain percentage of the population is expected to have this sort of reaction to a basic salvia trip?
I have no idea, frankly. I don't have any personal experience with salvia. I do know that 10x is just that, ten times the potency of the plant itself. I don't think that what you had was a "basic" salvia trip.

Quote:
Those leaves are prepared with extracts, term is often used to refer to various preparations derived from Salvia. Technically, in pharmacy and medicine the dictionary definition of an extract is: a solid preparation obtained by evaporating a solution of a drug. There is also such a thing as a fluid extract (or tincture), which is a concentrated liquid preparation containing a definite proportion of the active principles of a medicinal substance. The solvent usually used is ethyl alcohol or a mixture of ethyl alcohol and water. However various salvia preparations are often referred to as extracts.

The extracts increase the power of the leaf. An extract of salvia is made using a solvent such as ethanol or acetone. The solvent, which now contains dissolved extracted material, is evaporated onto salvia leaves, where the dissolved material is deposited. although technically it should be called 'extract fortified leaves'. Fortified leaves are usually smoked, although they may be active sublingually as well.
... www.enthosupply.com

I would venture a guess that your sample wasn't like a first time drinker having a margarita. It was more like a first time drinker having ten shots of tequila.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I have no idea, frankly. I don't have any personal experience with salvia. I do know that 10x is just that, ten times the potency of the plant itself. I don't think that what you had was a "basic" salvia trip.

... www.enthosupply.com

I would venture a guess that your sample wasn't like a first time drinker having a margarita. It was more like a first time drinker having ten shots of tequila.
If I'm not mistaken the KATG video was done with 20X. Based on all my reading and video watching I had no reason to expect that I would completely lose touch with my surroundings and think I was dying.

It most definitely was *not* your basic salvia experience...