Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums KATGtv

Old 12-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #71 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Feed problems with libsyn. We'll get it figured out eventually.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #72 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Cool; I shoulda known it was those jerkoffs' fault. Back on topic, I'll add to the praises by saying this show was like a condensed soup of Keith Malley. Could have been stretched out, but instead was nonstop laughs (and a bit salty). Kudos!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #73 (permalink)

my non douche review of Keith's stand up

First, thank you for giving it away. great teaser.

The standup is definately more funny than Dice. However, I thought the material on the show over the last few months was 2X as funny as this standup. While I don't think Keith repeated any jokes, there were sure referances from the podcast. Which I also think is a good thing as it shows new listeners what to expect. I could relate to the material and found it very general but in no way corny.

However, I felt there were a few instances that seemed as if there was slight stumble. Also, the repeated use of the past girlfriend which he used to live with made the bit drag on.

Overall, I give this performance a very solid and respectable A-. The performance was funny and relatable. However, the material did not seem as polished as you would expect and seemed rushed or hastily put together.

Good job. thanks for the laughs

.. I DRIVE FAST
Old 12-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #74 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I must add a note for everyone who says that bits of Keith's standup come from the show: Duh.

If you listen to any comedian doing a radio show or a podcast, most of them go on variations of their own jokes over and over (example: both Bill Burr and Marc Maron often quote their own material. Maron tends to tell the same stories repeatedly). Jokes comes from ideas and when a show like KATG which is on 5 days a week, and shows Keith pretty much speking his mind unfiltered, obviously some of his concepts pop up first on the show and then make their way in joke form.

Keith is a rare gem, a person who' s constantly funny without effort and doesnt have to put on an act to be hilarious. his simple thought are as good as common jokes, they'r even better when refined.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #75 (permalink)

Worth the price of admission

Great Job. Just like you did it all the time.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #76 (permalink)

I loved the show! I have already gushed my thoughts all over Keith and Chemda after the show since I was so BLESSED to be able to see live.

I raved all night long over how awesome the show was, how funny Keith was and how happy I am to be part of the Keith and the Girl show. I was so more than happy to spend my family's last dollar to take the train down into the city and pay for the show and a few (ahem) drinks to be part of this most fabulous and monumental show.

I think Keith and Chemda and everyone who was there know how I feel already but I take this time to write this email so Keith can print it out and add to the pile of emails to plunk down in front of Jessie's (and maybe Dans????) face.

Thank you.
Bless you Mr. Funny Man Keith.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #77 (permalink)

Congrats on the show Keith. You seemed quite comfortable and at home on the stage, very professional. I was disappointed that i knew the majority of the material but overall good performance.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:04 AM   #78 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith, you were very funny. I didn't find your shoes distracting at all and was only mildly irritated by jokes I had heard you do before - but these were WAY outweighed by all the new shit and the joy of seeing you act out pretend fucking instead of just hearing it.

Matthew Bray, you laugh way too loud. Constantly.

McNally, you did a good job editing and I will put down the dizzy feeling I have to too much wine. However, when I re-watch this sober, I'll let you know if I have changed my mind.

Well done to everyone involved though, seriously.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #79 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
the year Keith came twice
live and in our ears
Nice.

5 syllables, 5 syllables, 5 syllables - an almost haiku!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #80 (permalink)

I like how one time Keith picked up his beer, kept talking, then put the beer back and never took a sip. lolz

P.S. Watched the show on my TV, connected in from my MacBook, using Plex for a menu system. It was nice on my 42" HDTV.

Last edited by DJ Trashy; 12-17-2009 at 07:07 AM.