Latest Episode
Play
Old 12-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #81 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trashy View Post
I like how one time Keith picked up his beer, kept talking, then put the beer back and never took a sip. lolz
If i'm not recollecting wrong that happened on "Sue everybody" too.

I remember it mainly because of the masterpiece that was Adam Brown commentary...

"Ohhh look at me, i'm angry! I pick up the beer and... and... and... and i put it down. Motherfucker."

Golden....
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I must add a note for everyone who says that bits of Keith's standup come from the show: Duh.

If you listen to any comedian doing a radio show or a podcast, most of them go on variations of their own jokes over and over (example: both Bill Burr and Marc Maron often quote their own material. Maron tends to tell the same stories repeatedly). Jokes comes from ideas and when a show like KATG which is on 5 days a week, and shows Keith pretty much speking his mind unfiltered, obviously some of his concepts pop up first on the show and then make their way in joke form.
This is true, but a played out bit is a played out bit. The Facebook "what's new" thingy was stale to begin with. Every other Open mike comedian is doing the FB Farm joke. If Keith reminded me of any comic, it would be Artie Lang. Artie is a natural, but he is so predicable he comes across as hacky.
I think Keith is funnier a podcaster.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #83 (permalink)

I thought it was hilarious! Whatever happen to KATG coming to Seattle, it would be a needed addition to the live shows! Go West Coast!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #84 (permalink)

Am I the only one who didn't really find it funny? Maybe it's just not my thing (I figured it would be since I am a huge fan of the show), but i was shocked to find everyone gushing over how good it was. It really bugs me how pretentious and judgmental keith is of others stand up when his is not exactly great. I don't think you can really get a good gauge when your audience is predisposed to like it, when it is comprised primarily of friends and those from the KATG community who I feel find it necessary to gush over it no matter how good it actually was.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #85 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox51 View Post
Am I the only one who didn't really find it funny?.

Yes!
and Fuck You!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:09 AM   #86 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Am I the only one who didn't really find it funny? Maybe it's just not my thing (I figured it would be since I am a huge fan of the show), but i was shocked to find everyone gushing over how good it was. It really bugs me how pretentious and judgmental keith is of others stand up when his is not exactly great. I don't think you can really get a good gauge when your audience is predisposed to like it, when it is comprised primarily of friends and those from the KATG community who I feel find it necessary to gush over it no matter how good it actually was.

Welcome to the forums. Your criticism is well put and polite, so you have the right to say it.

That said, i disagree. But his stand-up is rough, even more rough than what he does on the show. so it's definitely not for everybody.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 AM   #87 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Am I the only one who didn't really find it funny? ...
I have to say ...

Actually, no I don't. Nobody's put a gun to my head.

Odd thing to share in a first post though. Or are you a long-timer using an alias just for this one? Just curious. Only arskin'.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
who I feel find it necessary to gush over it no matter how good it actually was.
The Forums are a place to gush over everything no matter what??

not so much.

And you seem to think that your opinion reflects a hard and fast quantitative reality. Thank you for naming what is good and what sucks. When you were also naming all the animals in the garden of Eden, did you really have to use such silly names as "Blue Footed Booby" and "Titmouse"???

But who am I to say those names are silly rather than stating only that I think they are silly. I also think your post could have been better constructed. But for all I know, it's going to receive a golden globe for Original Forums Thought.

Or maybe it's because a bunch of people - who are big enough fans of Keith's work to listen to him for 5+ hours per week for four years - thought that this set was really fucking funny. Even if one of them did get confused about when he had heard a joke.

Last edited by HumbleNarrator; 12-18-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Odd thing to share in a first post though. Or are you a long-timer using an alias just for this one? Just curious. Only arskin'.
Typically I'm just an observer on the forums and if something I disagree with is posted I would like to say something to the contrary, but typically someone else beats me to it, so voicing my opinion is just redundant, but in this instance it seemed that no one agreed with me, so I posted out of a mixture of curiosity and disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleNarrator View Post
And you seem to think that your opinion reflects a hard and fast quantitative reality. Thank you for naming what is good and what sucks. When you were also naming all the animals in the garden of Eden, did you really have to use such silly names as "Blue Footed Booby" and "Titmouse"???
In what way did I insinuate that my opinion was a fact? I didn't, it’s just an opinion which I am allowed to voice if so choose. Quite frankly there is no quantifiable means of determining what’s good and what sucks except by polling perhaps, but in a poll of all KATG fans and friends of Keith it’s not exactly an unbiased poll.

Quote:
I also think your post could have been better constructed.
Take it easy, it’s not a doctoral thesis. I posted on a forum and it got my point across that’s all the matter.

Quote:
Or maybe it's because a bunch of people - who are big enough fans of Keith's work to listen to him for 5+ hours per week for four years - thought that this set was really fucking funny. Even if one of them did get confused about when he had heard a joke.
I am a big fan of Keith on the show and have been listening for a couple years and find him pretty funny, so I was wondering if i was the only fan who was disappointed. And don't insinuate that I got confused by the jokes. I got the jokes, they weren't so clever or over my head. I didn't find them funny because in my opinion they were not.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Am I the only one who didn't really find it funny? Maybe it's just not my thing (I figured it would be since I am a huge fan of the show)
Some of the jokes were from the show, and they were still funny...so I dont understand this.