Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Meetups (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Berlin Meetup - November 13-15 (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f22/berlin-meetup-november-13-15-a-13511/)

ryanvc76 07-02-2009 12:42 AM

NoBer - Berlin Meetup - November 13-15

After the success of JuneDon, I know I'm ready for the next Euro meetup, so here's a place for us to start planning.

It's going to happen November 13th - 15th at the Generator hostel in Berlin.

We're calling it "NoBer", as in November Berlin, and Not Sober!

---------------------------------------------------
What: "NoBer"
When: November 13 - 15, 2009
Where: Berlin, Germany
Who: KatG Peeps from all over

Confirmed
===========
ryanvc76
Bavarianchick
Lanfear
Emelath
Junkenstein
violachick8
foxdougan

It's never to late to get some more in on this. Berlin is awesome on its own, but now we're adding KATG peeps and alcohol. P!SP!
:)

The Gunner 07-02-2009 01:20 AM

You bastard. I'll see what I can do.

Lanfear 07-02-2009 01:51 AM

I'm in :D

archicat 07-02-2009 02:37 AM

I doubt I'll be able to make this one :(

Bavarianchick 07-02-2009 06:39 AM

Yay, I love that! Will be there and Berlin is soooo much fun. And cheaper than London! Oh, and the Generator looks nicer, too (I know this I am a Generator VIP :D, I get "Thank you" emails for staying there!)

aptmunich 07-02-2009 06:45 AM

Ooh, sounds interesting!
Put me down as 'definitely maybe'

jnilsson 07-02-2009 07:48 AM

yea, put me down as a maby as well...

violachick8 07-02-2009 08:08 AM

I am in. Hooray for finally being able to kill my liver the KATG Euro way!

Lanfear 07-02-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarianchick (Post 586969)
Yay, I love that! Will be there and Berlin is soooo much fun. And cheaper than London! Oh, and the Generator looks nicer, too (I know this I am a Generator VIP :D, I get "Thank you" emails for staying there!)

Hmmm I still did not get a "Thank you" email and we only destroyed the 6 people room the one on Monday was spotless, nobody shouted insulting racial slurs and no SHHHHHH was necessary :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by violachick8 (Post 586987)

WoooHooo - you will be in Europe for college, right? When are you comming over and where will you be?

violachick8 07-02-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 586992)
WoooHooo - you will be in Europe for college, right? When are you comming over and where will you be?

I'll be in Rome starting the 28th of August until about Midway through December of course I'll be wandering through Europe on the weekends so I wont just be seeing Italy. Not sure everywhere that I will be going but be assured theres going to be a bit of ground covered. Looking forward to seeing everything!

Lanfear 07-02-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violachick8 (Post 587000)
I'll be in Rome starting the 28th of August until about Midway through December of course I'll be wandering through Europe on the weekends so I wont just be seeing Italy. Not sure everywhere that I will be going but be assured theres going to be a bit of ground covered. Looking forward to seeing everything!

Let me know if you need suggestions for great city trips or would like a travel buddy - I am always up for quick weekend trips :D

The Gunner 07-02-2009 09:12 AM

Shit, I may have to see if I can "acquire" another set of cuffs for thus one.

archicat 07-02-2009 10:03 AM

Thats class Viola! You gotta come visit me at uni in scotland some weekend - you're always welcome :)

violachick8 07-02-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 587002)
Let me know if you need suggestions for great city trips or would like a travel buddy - I am always up for quick weekend trips :D

That would be so kickass. I will let you know when I have definitive plans. They'd probably be short notice.
Quote:

Originally Posted by archicat (Post 587016)
Thats class Viola! You gotta come visit me at uni in scotland some weekend - you're always welcome :)

That would also be kick ass. I'll see if I can make it over there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gunner (Post 587003)
Shit, I may have to see if I can "acquire" another set of cuffs for thus one.

Oh dear that sounds like trouble in the making. Really really great trouble ;)

ryanvc76 07-02-2009 01:17 PM

This will be awesome... Berlin is soooo much cheaper than London too! :cool: It's also cool to see some interest from people I haven't had the chance to meet before. I'll keep the 1st post in this thread updated as people decide.

tga 07-02-2009 01:28 PM

I have never been to Germany and it's a place I would love to go so I am seriously considering this. I will need to look into flights and prices and such but put me down as a maybe!

ryanvc76 07-02-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tga (Post 587093)
I have never been to Germany and it's a place I would love to go so I am seriously considering this. I will need to look into flights and prices and such but put me down as a maybe!

Done. It would be great to see you again man!

tga 07-02-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanvc76 (Post 587098)
Done. It would be great to see you again man!

Yeah - you too! Again, it's somewhere I would love go to! Just looking at flights now and it's approx £50 from London return and I did look at the Generator Berlin and for a private room it's €50.50 a night. So it's not that bad really price wise, just need to see if I can do it with what I am paying out for at the moment.

Bavarianchick 07-02-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violachick8 (Post 586987)

So cool you're going to be in Europe for a couple of months - AND you're going to make it to a Euro meet-up. Of course you're also always welcome to stay with ryanvc76 and me and party it up in Heidelberg, Germany, too. I'm sure, Lanfear will be in, she practically lives "around the corner"...well, not quite, but only an hour away.

Emelath 07-02-2009 08:44 PM

I'm in :) :)

Bavarianchick 07-03-2009 05:09 AM

Haha, so far it's Ryan and us 5 chicks..lol. Guys, I think he might need some male support!!!

jnilsson 07-03-2009 05:12 AM

well, is the date set? is it the official date? I need to know to start to plan vacation time and flights etc...

Bavarianchick 07-03-2009 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnilsson (Post 587474)
well, is the date set? is it the official date? I need to know to start to plan vacation time and flights etc...

I guess it is, unless you guys got alternative suggestions. Any time in November would pretty much work for Ryan and me. How about everyone else? Is the date ok (Nov 13-15)?

The Gunner 07-03-2009 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bavarianchick (Post 587473)
Haha, so far it's Ryan and us 5 chicks..lol. Guys, I think he might need some male support!!!

Hey, don't speak so soon. I will put in a leave form when I get to Carson. However, 2-5 is still a great ratio.

jnilsson 07-03-2009 05:34 AM

for me the dates are good.

Lanfear 07-03-2009 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gunner (Post 587477)
Hey, don't speak so soon. I will put in a leave form when I get to Carson. However, 2-5 is still a great ratio.

How much vacation time do you get? You might want to put in a few extra days as most European cities are a quick and cheap plane ride away. E.g. visit Viola in Rome or Bryan in Amsterdam?

On another note for those not following my twitter - some proof that my crazy brain can not function properly in the morning:

Helpful explanation for non Germans by TheAmHamShow "@KATG_Gunner The Beär is the symbol of Berlin! ~Question is: "Is it a DRINKING BEEAAAAAAAAAR???""

http://i43.tinypic.com/28qwvfo.jpg http://i42.tinypic.com/w0jg5y.jpg

ryanvc76 07-03-2009 05:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 587479)
On another note for those not following my twitter - some proof that my crazy brain can not function properly in the morning:

Helpful explanation for non Germans by TheAmHamShow "@KATG_Gunner The Beär is the symbol of Berlin! ~Question is: "Is it a DRINKING BEEAAAAAAAAAR???""

My artistic skills are simply non-existent...

The Gunner 07-03-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 587479)
How much vacation time do you get? You might want to put in a few extra days as most European cities are a quick and cheap plane ride away. E.g. visit Viola in Rome or Bryan in Amsterdam?

I get 2.5 days a month, right now I have 22.5 saved up. I would definately like to see some touristy stuff this time around, but I'm cool with staying in the Berlin area. That just gives me excuses to come back. I don't know yet, but I think ideally I'd like a week.

Lanfear 07-03-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gunner (Post 587482)
I get 2.5 days a month, right now I have 22.5 saved up. I would definately like to see some touristy stuff this time around, but I'm cool with staying in the Berlin area. That just gives me excuses to come back. I don't know yet, but I think ideally I'd like a week.

2.5 days a month is what I get as well - I always though that you have such crappy vacation time in the US?

Make it a week for sure! We'll figure out how to entertain you.

ryanvc76 07-03-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 587483)
I always though that you have such crappy vacation time in the US?

Working for the government has some advantages...

The Gunner 07-03-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 587483)
2.5 days a month is what I get as well - I always though that you have such crappy vacation time in the US?

Make it a week for sure! We'll figure out how to entertain you.

I'm gonna try, but I won't be able to drop the packet until August at the earliest. Plus I still have to save days for April 2010.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanvc76 (Post 587484)
Working for the government has some advantages...

Some, not much, but some. You probably have it better on the civilian side.

Bavarianchick 07-03-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gunner (Post 587477)

I'm definitely counting on you :D

And we're all gonna go to the loo together: Klo, loo
;)

This is definitely a drinking bah!!! Can't wait.

ryanvc76 07-03-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gunner (Post 587487)
Some, not much, but some. You probably have it better on the civilian side.

I get fewer leave days per year as a civilian, but I don't have to use leave on weekends or holidays, so it works out in my advantage. Taking 2 full weeks only costs me 10 days instead of 14.

violachick8 07-03-2009 07:57 AM

This is all coming together so fast. Visitng me in Rome would be neat but yall would have to stay in a hostel since I am doing a home stay though I would love to house yall. I'd show yall around still as best I could. And a 2-5 ratio isnt that bad at all. I thought the more titties the better. :)

ryanvc76 07-03-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violachick8 (Post 587498)
And a 2-5 ratio isnt that bad at all. I thought the more titties the better. :)

More truth has never been spoken! :D

Lanfear 07-03-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violachick8 (Post 587498)
This is all coming together so fast. Visitng me in Rome would be neat but yall would have to stay in a hostel since I am doing a home stay though I would love to house yall. I'd show yall around still as best I could. And a 2-5 ratio isnt that bad at all. I thought the more titties the better. :)

We are all just back from London and still in the loveydovey "OMG I miss you all so much when can we do it again????" stage

I know a hostel in Rome ...

ryanvc76 07-03-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 587501)
We are all just back from London and still in the loveydovey "OMG I miss you all so much when can we do it again????" stage

Yep, I thought it would be good to make use of that momentum and also provide a chance for the peeps that missed out. There are still lots of Team YURP people out there that I haven't got to meet yet.

Emelath 07-03-2009 09:22 AM

There are several great hostels in Naples :)

the_eD 07-05-2009 01:19 PM

I'll know if I can make it next month. Fingers crossed, as it's always good times with the crew.

The Gunner 07-05-2009 01:26 PM

Fuck it, Ryan, change me to all in. I don't know how I'm gonna pull it off, but I'm fucking there.