Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Meetups (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Berlin Meetup - November 13-15 (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f22/berlin-meetup-november-13-15-a-13511/)

violachick8 09-15-2009 07:31 AM

From what it seems I will probably be leaving from Rome Friday night and go back either late Sunday or early Monday morning. I can't exactly book my flights cause I am waiting for cheese to tell me when he is visiting. As soon as I know I will let yall know. Which reminds me what hostel are we staying at exactly? The Generator in Berlin?

Bavarianchick 09-15-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 608599)
If you mean arriving in the morning of the 13th and leaving the 16th, that's what i'll probably do too.

Yeah, oops, that's of course what I meant. Not arriving on the 17th ;)
We'll get there Friday morning and leave some time on Monday, most likely.

ryanvc76 09-15-2009 02:31 PM

Where to stay???

There are a few other options besides the Generator. Here they are:

Wombats

Meininger

Generator

Many of us know that the Generator in London was a shithole, but I'm not sure how the one in Berlin is. As for the other two, I've stayed at both in Munich and they were aces. Again, not sure how the ones in Berlin are. All three have bars, which I think is a must for any KATG event. :p Thoughts??

Lanfear 09-21-2009 11:09 AM

Wombats looks nice - I'd be totally up for that

I still think the idea of getting an apartment is nice and has less potential for SHUSHing but its probably not flexible enough in terms of people arriving on different days or people deciding to join last minute.

Germany Private Holiday Apartments Berlin City

Brenkin 09-21-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 610010)
I still think the idea of getting an apartment is nice and has less potential for SHUSHing but its probably not flexible enough in terms of people arriving on different days or people deciding to join last minute.

Germany Private Holiday Apartments Berlin City

Maybe some mix & match between apartment and hostel would work? Hostel-sleepers could still hang out at an apartment, depending on proximity to the hostel and strictness of the "four people to an apartment" rule.

That said, I'm still job-hunting so I don't know if I'll be in Europe or have any money come November. Anyone want to hire me for almost anything?

I'm only half-kidding >_>

ryanvc76 09-21-2009 12:27 PM

I'm leaning more toward a hostel myself. The hostels all have a bar, and I'm not so sure I would want to be the one responsible for an apartment in which a KATG P!SP! takes place... :eek:

Lanfear 09-21-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanvc76 (Post 610049)
I'm leaning more toward a hostel myself. The hostels all have a bar, and I'm not so sure I would want to be the one responsible for an apartment in which a KATG P!SP! takes place... :eek:

True :p

So do we take a vote on what hostel to book? I think we should start to get organized.

I vote Wombats

violachick8 09-21-2009 02:46 PM

I vote Wombats as well. This should be awesome! WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

gumby013 09-21-2009 02:51 PM

Looking like I won't be able to get time off from my job. NoBer is looking like a no-go for me. :(

violachick8 09-21-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumby013 (Post 610142)
Looking like I won't be able to get time off from my job. NoBer is looking like a no-go for me. :(

HUH WHA?! Thats no fair. I was so looking forward to being able to see you especially since I cant come this weekend. Sad days Jer.