Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Meetups

Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonWonderland View Post
GUNNER!!!! YAY!!!! This just keeps getting better! speaking of underagers... have all the youngsters figured out their IDs? (I'm looking at you cheese... Julian won't be there this time...)
I've got flasks and friends in high places... Think I'm good. I'll just bring a handle or two of cheapo vodka and come ready to party. Doesn't sound like much of a bar-y kind of hangout, anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaccus View Post
I was thinking about going for the 1000th show. would it be weird only to go for the day?
Nope, we're a very welcoming community if you're not a douche-nozzle, and there's pricing set up specifically so you can come just for the live show day. But I think you'll regret not hanging out as long as possible, it's sure to be a blast.

Quote:
PS: ofc being there the 2 hours while the show is being taped would rock but what about the hours before that?
Think I heard somewhere that you can pay a small fee to use all the amenities for a day, so do that and follow around whichever crowd of drunks seems funnier.

Quote:
PPS: I'm 19 so yeah. if this were back home I wouldnt have a problem just sitting at the bar until the show started but your damn backwards law prevents that!
I'm 20 and was drunk for 3 straight days during April 15th. You'll be fine.

Buy a Coke, pour some out for the homies, refill with rum, repeat as necessary.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #222 (permalink)

I agree with cheese.... You don't realize how easy it is to hang out with a bunch of "strangers" at these events... 30 seconds in and you'll realize you should have stayed the whole weekend.
I was in your position the year I won the stand up and REALLY didn't allow enough time in NYC thinking "I don't know anyone and don't really hang out in the forums". The 2 days flew and I QUICKLY regreted not allowing more time for KATG hijinx. The people are incredible, and you'll have a great time!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
So yeah I have a question...

I was thinking about going for the 1000th show. would it be weird only to go for the day?
I agree with everyone else you'll regret not going the whole weekend. I was nervous going on the katg bus to Toronto but it was cool. I've had a blast at every event I've been to. It's not possible to not have a good time.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
So yeah I have a question...

Been listening for about since show 150ish, and always wanted to go to a live show or keith's april 15th...except I lived in Ireland.

but funnily enough I moved to Scranton, PA last year for college and Woodloch only an hour from me.

I was thinking about going for the 1000th show. would it be weird only to go for the day? Like I said Ive never been to a meetup and dont post on the forums ever. I would bring a buddy up except it's summer school right now and all my American friends are back home, and my friends who listen to katg are in a different country, lol.

thoughts?

PS: ofc being there the 2 hours while the show is being taped would rock but what about the hours before that?

PPS: I'm 19 so yeah. if this were back home I wouldnt have a problem just sitting at the bar until the show started but your damn backwards law prevents that!
I live in Ireland and I'm going to the 1000th show! So right there I'm sure during one conversation we'll be able to find a friend in common - all irish people have that skill. Small world and all that jazz .

Besides internet chatting I didn't really know anyone before April 15th this year and I still had one of the best weeks ever, everyone's uber cool and it's just a big party. Go on - make a weekend out of it!

10 days until 1000th
Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
10 days until 1000th
Yeah, this is going to have to be the quickest packet I've ever dropped. I hope you know this is all your fault.

Oh, and where is the best place to fly in to? I'm thinking NYC, but if that's the case, who is carpooling, and is there a seat?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #226 (permalink)

NYC is probably the quickest place to fly into.. i know jeremy is booked but i think there is a yoga teacher from nyc who is looking for car mates

good luck on your packet!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #227 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

tranportation

for those traveling by public transportation, here is what Lisa said about getting onto the resort:

Short Line Bus Company does run into Hawley. We can provide complimentary transportation from this location to and from Woodloch.

If you need this, mention it when you call and she can give you more details.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
I live in Ireland and I'm going to the 1000th show! So right there I'm sure during one conversation we'll be able to find a friend in common - all irish people have that skill. Small world and all that jazz .

Besides internet chatting I didn't really know anyone before April 15th this year and I still had one of the best weeks ever, everyone's uber cool and it's just a big party. Go on - make a weekend out of it!

10 days until 1000th

no way mate! Where abouts are ye from? Just got 10x more relieved about it, haha (no offense to Americans)

thanks for the all the reassuring replies everyone, really relieved me.

I think my friend from Virgina said he'd come up with me, but to be honest it sounds like a lot of fun so I'm considering looking into staying the one night.

has everyone already found their roommates?

PS: What guests will be there - is Jesse Joyce coming?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #229 (permalink)

There are several people still looking for roommates, and you can list yourself too... use the link in my signature
Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #230 (permalink)

Yes, I am in fact looking for a roommate. Can someone please reach out or let it be known that you're looking ...