Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Meetups

Like Tree4Likes

Old 09-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

LA Podfest Meetup

Hey everyone, this is my first new thread and only second posting - I'm new to the forums but not the show!

I was just wondering if anyone else was planning to meet up in LA over the festival which is taking place 9/25-9/28. I am caught up on shows but I haven't heard Keith or Chemda mention it yet.

I'm flying solo from Minneapolis for the entire weekend, so I'm just wondering if there will be any KATG family in the close proximity! it would certainly make mingling easier!

Kathleen
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

***CRICKETS***

Hmm ....maybe I need to change my avatar, this is sad and disappointing.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

First of all, your avatar is gorgeous; so please keep it

I know Keith and Chemda went to LA podfest last year, but I think the fact that Michael, (Chemda's brother) lived out there may have played a role in them going. I haven't heard them talk about it either. I don't know if they're going. You should email info@katg.com maybe.

Are you a podcaster or just there on business/ big pod fan or..?

Welcome to the forums btw. It just takes a bit of posting in show notes, (I recommend doing this so people can get to know you) but KATG fans are generally friendly and receptive. There's no shows for a bit so forums might be kinda dead. People usually check in after a show is posted to iTunes. It kinda fluctuates.

I live in western Montana and have wanted to go to to the fest. Sounds like a blast. Do you listen to Comedy Film Nerds or any other pods?
Old 09-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thank you!

Hi Enunciated Piffle! I totally recognized your name right away! You're comments are always really funny, thanks for making sure I don't feel like a total pariah!

You're right, I do recall them being out there in part due to Michael being last year...I was already thinking of emailing Chemda or Keith about this too since they're always so nice about responding and generous with their time. But I figured that I would wait until it was a bit closer to the date.

Not a real podcaster yet, but not due to a lack of trying. I recorded a couple shows with a friend, and then he and I "broke up". So I have been thinking about doing one solo since other people can be so hard to count on.

I'm basically obsessed with podcasts and listen to them 24/7...love comedy film nerds. I LOVE Graham Ellwood too, and I cannot wait to see the podcast Doc they are in the process of making (earbuds).

Some of my other favorites are:
The champs
You made it weird
Throwing Shade
Uhh Yeah Dude
The Duncan trussell family hour
Who charted
The Todd glass show
Ronna and Beverly
Getting Doug with High
Doug love movies
Mental Illness happy hour

Essentially since I'm going to be totally alone in Beverly Hills/LA for 4 days and three nights, I was basically just hoping there would be another KATG'er who wanted to go grab a drink and talk about the show - or just shoot the breeze.

Thanks for posting your reply!

I always miss the shows so much when they are gone, but there’s always so many antics to look forward to hearing about when they get back. Namely, like is Keith going to do molly or not!? But that’s why everyone should sign up for VIP, so there’s other shows to listen to when you get craving. That’s what I do!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobs View Post
I'm basically obsessed with podcasts and listen to them 24/7...love comedy film nerds. I LOVE Graham Ellwood too, and I cannot wait to see the podcast Doc they are in the process of making (earbuds).
Me too!

Wow. You're a hardcore legit comedy pod fan. I'm impressed.

I looked at the KATG calendar and Sept. 24th to Oct 4th is blank; so maybe they are going this year. I bet they are.

I've heard other podcasts talk about how crazy fun this fest is, (and it sounds like a great line up) so I'm jealous you're going.

Are you going to KATG Week this year? I wonder what cities the tour will go through. It's confusing, but exciting as well...
Old 09-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

No way!

Genius idea looking at the calendar, I didn't even think about doing that!

Now I'm totally freaked out and excited. If they're going to be there I will show up where're they go. Actually I haven't heard all that many people talk much about it, so I have no idea what to expect. It just totally blows I won't have a single real LIVE friend with me!😩

I wouldn't be able to go to New York but if they come to Minneapolis I'm totally there!
Old 09-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm ....maybe I need to change my avatar, this is sad and disappointing.
Yes. Change your fucking av.

Remove the top.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up

I will if you change your av name, scumhook.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I will if you change your av name, scumhook.
That would require, at a minimum, pussypics.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

vagina pics attached

whatever fat rosie.