Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

11: In This Economy

Comedian Marga Gomez talks about what it's like to go from gaining popularity and getting paid to being popular and getting broke.

The Official Site of Marga Gomez

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 12-13-2012 at 10:59 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lol deleted the show on accident from my podcast app because I just recently listened to a KATG episode by the same name but quickly recovered it cause I love WMN

Once again great interview all questions that anyone could have on their mind was asked

So interesting to hear about rising to fame and then losing the perks that came with it. It's almost like Entourage except didn't have an agency that gave a shit to keep making deals to force her forward.

I love on KATG, WTF podcast, and now this one hearing the INs out Out of the comedy world, and maybe Keith should hate that world. Who would have thought that fag hags like Kathy Griffon would take jobs away from gay entertainers.

Looking at pop culture it does seem like there was kind of a gay boom in the late 90's and mid 00's with Will & Grace and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy where America media was almost saying 'Hey here are some gays you guys should like them they are cool now' and now media just seems to be over it.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think it's interesting how Marga Gomez described having a weed problem in light of WMN #9. Kind of confirms what Chemda was saying on that show.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

great show.

have to say that if straight women need to get gay ladies to have their sexual needs met, the state of straight men is more dire than i thought.

ADD: besides that , Marga is an incredible guest. funny, charming, intresting , witty..... and the combination with Chemda was Marvelous. GREAT

Last edited by Junkenstein; 11-10-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It's me, the guest

First - what a pleasure it was talking to Chemda. One of the most fun interviews I've ever had. I am a WMN and KATG fan but haven't listened to this one yet because it's hard to hear yourself talk about yourself. Just want to say that things are looking up. Got a fat check from the theater my show is in and they extended my show up thru Feb--- although on the record it's thru December. So I got some reserve $$ now.
Haven't learned how to save money tho. Bought an IPad immediately. That was wrong morally, and immorally fun. And I am planning a vacay to Mexico with my lady. Necessary.
Today my interview was starting to be discussed on KATG when Christian Finnegen was attacked by a cockroach. It was like Marga Gomez and cockroach all in one sentence and then all cockroach after that. I'm obviously paying off some karmic debt here to be upstaged by a bug.

Only in Astoria!!!!!

Last edited by edgycandy; 11-11-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

To clarify: Chemda proposed in WMN #9 that people can develop pretty serious weed problems, which was somewhat dismissed by the other guests. She even tended to describe it in terms of the way that Marga Gomez described her problem: using weed to run away from problems or challenges in order to feel good artificially.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Marga was a great guest both on WMN and KATG. Really funny and genuine, hope she is back!

The whole fear of money drying up and going happens every time I make a "big" purchase (an iPad is a big purchase to me). I'm a contractor so I have a budget set out for the next year, based on the fact that I'll be working that whole time. I'm lucky that in the last 7 years I haven't had a dry spell but the worry is always there.

It must be extremely difficult being famous and not knowing when the next paycheck is coming in. "But... I'm famous! Aren't I?".