Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

14: Marriage: Women

Comedians Diane O'Debra, Ophira Eisenberg, and author Kambri Crews discuss love, weddings, and marriage.

www.nyctalentshow.com

www.ophiraeisenberg.com

Kambri Crews

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 12-13-2012 at 10:56 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

A wonderful companion to the What's My Name show before it. Aces 10.

It's fun to hear both these shows back-to-back and hear how the sexes perceive their love lives (or lack of) compared to their significant others.

It's also fun to get to hear Christian Finnegan freely share in the company of men, and later wife Kambri freely share in the company of women. Then, as a listener, you can pick a side, even if they didn't know it was a contest.

(Spoiler: They're both a mess.)
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Loved the show. More than the Man version. Personal winner is Diane with her fear of killing her husband in her sleep. And Kambri, s insights, too.

the men's episode was almost tame, in comparison. this one is so visceral.

Chemda, as always is the greatest interviewer ever.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

This was an interesting show-set. I have been married once and I call bs on most of the "financial gain" crap. It's like when people tell you you're gonna have giant boobs after you have a kid and then you find out that they're only giant for the first three days and then your kid sucks them down to flappy pancakes over the next 6 months.

The money situation is SOOO hard to overcome (I imagine for a lot of people, myself included.) After having "put everything in the pot" for so long, I would NEVER do it again.

As for the taxes, I used to get a bigass return and once I got married... pooof! Gone. Marriage equals tax penalty.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Another sweet and fascinating and entertaining and illuminating episode.

Thank you ladies.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Awesome show! I would love a show Marriage: Both of em!

I loved having Christian and Kambri's opinions coming up seperately, and would love to see how they react to each others opinions!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Another stellar episode and one that was unexpected. I listened to the main KaTG episode 1504 before listening to this one and Chemda hinted at the unexpected and man, the pragmatism of these ladies...

Whereas the men from last week's show came to marriage out of a sense of...tradition...for the want of a better word, these ladies all seem to have come to marriage because it served a purpose, rather than any sort of romantic notion - which is surprising because I was half expecting a discussion about the romantic notions of marriage from the ladies.

The modern exploration of marriage from both sides of the coin has been invaluable and I reckon these episodes should be packaged up and sold in the store with the target market being prospective newly weds. This should be required listening.

Very well done.

I have to agree with astrokahn. Marriage does sweet bugger all for one's tax returns. I too get shitty returns whereas before I was getting quite a handy one.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm a brand new VIP member and new Forums member. This is my first post! Just wanted to say, I think "What's My Name" is great.

I listened to this show last night after having read an article about the history of marriage and the current dilemnas of single women while waiting for a friend who was having minor surgery. I'm posting a link to the article here.

All the Single Ladies - Magazine - The Atlantic

Anyway, the article talked about how this idea of love and romance being a reason for marrying has only existed for about 100 years. The women in this podcast are obviously in touch with the fact that many of the reasons for entering into a marriage contract need to be logical and pragmatic. Now that it's easy for women to have children without having a man directly involved, there are fewer biological reasons to get married. The current economy isn't helping the average guy either. Women are the ones doing better economically today. The article points out that a successful single urban male is a rareity right now, and so many of them are choosing to play the field since their kind is in such demand. I work in a building with 6 young women who are successful, and every single one of them is married to an unemployed man. They all have kids and are trying to keep it together even though three of them have lost their homes and one has had to declare bankruptcy.

I'm an older single lesbian. Most of these heterosexual single women are envious of my lifestyle (which I hadn't thought was that enviable.) They say that having freedom and having a life rich with close female friends sounds great.

I was in a 16 year relationship with a woman who I loved more after 16 years than at the beginning, She left me without warning for a woman she had only met a month earlier. The other woman had a job where she was making $275,000 a year and a beautiful house overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
I guess practically speaking, it was a no-brainer.

I haven't been in a relationship since because this experience sort of killed my desire to "nest" again.

Anyway, thanks Chemda for the great podcasts. I'm probably not your usual demographic, but I love listening to Keith and the Girl. It's a great escape and way better than anything on television.

Last edited by TallulahB; 12-24-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Chemda for an incredible show!!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great show and pretty fascinating hearing a relationship described as an investment. I get it, but the choice of words is really jarring.

I would love to hear a similar interview with people from Australia, I really wonder how different the mindset is of people living in New York compared to some of our cities. At times, it seems that some of the opinions regarding relationships of the New York bred people are very clinical. I wish I had more examples but the Kambri comment sums it up.