Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   What's My Name (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   23: Burn Down the Ground (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/23-burn-down-ground-16954/)

The Girl 03-07-2012 04:42 PM

23: Burn Down the Ground

Kambri Crews talks about growing up with deaf parents, her relationship with her dad who is in jail for attempted murder, and the memoir she wrote about it all.

Kambri Crews

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

poingjam 03-07-2012 06:11 PM

I loved this episode. Hearing about someone like Kambri makes me wonder how she can take the rest of us seriously with our miniscule problems and our limited cultural exposure. Her book is great too.

BadderWorse 03-07-2012 08:42 PM

Did not want this interview to end, and this show definitely made me want to read Burn Down the Ground

TallulahB 03-08-2012 06:45 PM

So Good

I think this might be the best episode of all the great episodes! I loved it and I bet Kambri's book is great.

pmbailey 03-09-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poingjam (Post 721129)
I loved this episode. Hearing about someone like Kambri makes me wonder how she can take the rest of us seriously with our miniscule problems and our limited cultural exposure. Her book is great too.

I agree 100% -- It's amazing she still has her head on straight after all the crap she's been through. She seems incredibly grounded.

Great episode Chemda!

WittyReference 03-12-2012 11:51 PM

Great show. I love the sound of Kambri's voice. Is she doing an audiobook version?

off topic - when is the KATG WDWDN? audiobook coming out?

Bermie Ninja 03-13-2012 09:18 AM

I love, love, love this interview!

This interview was fantastic and fun!
I was born hearing but in the early 70's I caught Bacterial Meningitis when I was 2 years old, and lost all my hearing in one ear. Then when I was 30 years old I was diagnosed with a severe loss in my "good" ear.

It was very interesting to hear Kambri talk about all the noises that she and her brother could get away with, and it makes me think about what my son will say about me when he gets older. His teachers always complain about how loud he is, which actually confused me initially, but my partner reminded me that I didn't notice it because I remove my hearing aids as soon as I get home :) My son gets to practice his drums any time he wants to, and I really enjoy it because it's one of the few instruments that I can still hear really well without hearing aids.

I have been able to enjoy the What's My Name Show (and KaTG) because of new hearing aid technology that wirelessly streams the show directly into my hearing aids from my iPhone. So thank you for being so consistent with your sound quality, you have made your shows accessible in more ways than you know.

Bucho 03-28-2012 02:02 PM

Kambri was awesome.

The fact I waited to listen to this show for a couple of weeks doesn't mean I'm a bad WMN fan, it means G-d wanted me to wait to listen to it the day before Christian appeared on KATG.

To prove I'm still one of the best fans I went deeper than any other commenter in this thread with all their "I think this might be the best episode of all the great episodes!" and "I love the sound of Kambri's voice" and "This interview was fantastic and fun! I was born hearing but in the early 70's I caught Bacterial Meningitis when I was 2 years old, and lost all my hearing in one ear. Then when I was 30 years old I was diagnosed with a severe loss in my "good" ear. It was very interesting to hear Kambri talk about all the noises that she and her brother could get away with, and it makes me think about what my son will say about me when he gets older. His teachers always complain about how loud he is, which actually confused me initially, but my partner reminded me that I didn't notice it because I remove my hearing aids as soon as I get home My son gets to practice his drums any time he wants to, and I really enjoy it because it's one of the few instruments that I can still hear really well without hearing aids. I have been able to enjoy the What's My Name Show (and KaTG) because of new hearing aid technology that wirelessly streams the show directly into my hearing aids from my iPhone. So thank you for being so consistent with your sound quality, you have made your shows accessible in more ways than you know."s I went deeper than merely posting words.

I went and found this, which I'm posting this to prove both she and I are amazing.

lizzy1e 07-05-2012 04:08 PM

Best What's My Name yet!