Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   What's My Name (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   3: Are Women Funny (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/3-women-funny-16619/)

The Girl 09-14-2011 02:18 AM

3: Are Women Funny

Comedians Carmen Lynch and Ashley Brooke Roberts and booker Brian Baldinger talk about women in comedy.

Welcome To The Official Website Of Comedian Carmen Lynch

ashley brooke roberts

Righteous Kill Comedy with Logan and DeRosa

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Junkenstein 09-14-2011 03:28 PM

a really interesting project. i always wnated to hear a perspective from insiders of the comedy biz about the sexism of it. especially considering how there's a good number of iconic male comedians but a much lower group of female ones.

also, love how Chemda pulls the show forward. great to hear her show her sharpness without hearing Keith butt in. (not a criticism but its a fascinating change)

DaveNJ 09-15-2011 08:28 AM

I had never considered how road work might discourage female stand-ups. Fascinating insights by the whole group.

Bucho 09-16-2011 07:33 AM

What I took away from this episode was that white male comics have the hardest time. That was the point, right?

Junkenstein 09-16-2011 07:44 AM

totally. with all those bitches and darkies complaining, one cant even tell a proper peanuts on the airplane joke.

Vampire Lizard 09-17-2011 10:32 PM

All I know is that I a woman but from what I know about comedy (being from KATG and Comedy Central) I find myself saying meh to female comedians. There is no mainstream ones I like at all, I guess I can take Sarah Silvermen in small does, but that's it. The rest just tell the same jokes about shitting and periods.

When it comes to KATG and let's say I were to make a top 15 list of my favorite guests, not a single one of them is female. Carmen Lynch is actually oddly enough the only one I don't mind. Myka Fox wasn't bad, but really the name of other female comedian guests escape me.

So I guess maybe the answer for stand up comedy (plenty of non-comedic female guests have cracked me up, as well as non-comedic celebrities in interviews) is no.

Kimberly 09-20-2011 07:52 AM

Morgan Murphy is my favorite female stand up. Check her out. She doesn't hold back. Her jokes are fucked up. I like that. I think it's a dumb generalization to say women aren't funny. How boring.

poingjam 09-20-2011 12:23 PM

Maria Bamford is one of my favorite comics. And Allison Castillo is great (but I need to see her perform more). Claudia Cogan is also great.

99% of all comics suck, so if there aren't many female comics, there aren't many who are funny.

Junkenstein 09-20-2011 01:21 PM

agreed on Maria B. but it has to be noted that she is unique and different from the majority of other female comics.

there's pleanty of comics that are really great and different from the stereotypes. One i really like is Laurie Kilmartin. Funny, brutal and cynical.

BrianAlt 09-20-2011 06:53 PM

I believe that Myka doesn't consider herself a stand-up comedienne.