Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   What's My Name (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   4: Hoarder in the Court (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/4-hoarder-court-16636/)

The Girl 09-22-2011 05:14 AM

4: Hoarder in the Court

Erotic novelist Rachel Kramer Bussel discusses her struggle with hoarding.

Rachel Kramer Bussel - Home

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/r...essy/hoard.jpg

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Junkenstein 09-22-2011 04:28 PM

Again. beautifully insightful episode that made me learn more on the human aspect of hoarding.

Great interviewing skills by chemda. the way she makes the subject feeel at ease and drop any mask or layer to talk in totla sincerity, is amazing.

Vampire Lizard 09-22-2011 11:00 PM

For real Chemda you notice it a lot in KATG, and thanks to this new podcast its obvious she has an amazing talent when it comes to interviewing guests. People who go to university and get an expensive degree in journalism can't come up with awesome questions like Chemda.

Anyway same as Junkenstein said it was awesome to hear the hoarder's side of everything.

Hennessy 09-23-2011 01:13 AM

Great, interesting episode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampire Lizard (Post 710637)
...People who go to university and get an expensive degree in journalism can't come up with awesome questions like Chemda.

Yes! I totally agree- not even from a 'lover' standpoint. Chemda is the Bruce Lee of getting people to open up.

One of my buddies going through a rough time in her relationship recently told Chemda she was better to talk to than her therapist, who charges a buttload.

Her natural curiosity about EVERYONE really makes her a poignant interviewer but her compassion and willingness to understand each person is like therapy session. I don't know - she teaches me all the time.

Listening to this was better than watching the show, Hoarders, which can get redundant. It was like the backstage version, 'Behind the scenes and inside the head.'

Vampire Lizard 09-23-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennessy (Post 710639)

Listening to this was better than watching the show, Hoarders, which can get redundant. It was like the backstage version, 'Behind the scenes and inside the head.'

I think everyone started to watch Hoarders for the gross out factor and there is only so many people in the world with 9 dead cats and garbage bags full of their own urine it's getting harder to top themselves.

Chemda interviewing a Hoarder is just pure insight

In the TV shows most of the times it is crazy old ladies and men who are living off disabilities I'm more interested in stories about people who have to deal with it all in their everyday life while working

I guess that's where you have more of the overwhelming factor where there is just too much it's impossible to take the first step

poingjam 09-23-2011 01:23 AM

Yeah, Chemda kinda rocks.

fine.point 09-27-2011 06:27 PM

Book mentioned

Hey everyone,
I just went VIP yesterday, and OF COURSE burned through all of 'What's My Name Episodes' available. I'm having such a good time with them, and am so glad to be able to support Keith and Chemda... but my affection for them gets me away from my inquiry. :)

Does anyone remember the name of the book mentioned on the show? Rachel said it was about both physical and emotional clutter and sounded really interesting. I'd love to read that book and Rachel's article. I feel like it would be great companion material to this episode.

Thanks!

Patrice 09-30-2011 01:11 PM

Saw Rachel last night at dinner and she told me she'd done the show....Sure she was an awesome guest and her Salon article on her Hoarding was one of my favs of her work....I'm a sex writer with a secret shame -- hoarding - Mortifying Disclosures - Salon.com

Bucho 09-30-2011 03:02 PM

This ep was fascinating and even moving. The more she revealed of her battle the more I really felt for her. I also think I didn't really realise at the time Chemda brought up her own tendencies (I'm guessing a light was shined on it when Spooky helped clear out a bunch of clutter) how truly big of a deal it was for her too. I thought it was more about disorganisation then, not about a mental and emotional attachment to essentially meaningless stuff.

Another random thing I realised this ep is that I always feel a little proud of Chemda whenever she tells of how she kicked Diet Coke. Then I realised I feel a little proud for her when she accomplishes anything - triathlons, moving to the new studio, producing KATG events, performing on stage. Maybe she's just a real easy person to root for because her joie de vivre is infectious and her vulnerability is endearing and her strength is inspiring.

I don't know, I don't want to get sappy and be confused for my buddy Junks, but I'm really liking for this new show and I think Chemda's great at it and I'm pulling for her to win at everything.

The Girl 09-30-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine.point (Post 710901)
Hey everyone,
I just went VIP yesterday, and OF COURSE burned through all of 'What's My Name Episodes' available. I'm having such a good time with them, and am so glad to be able to support Keith and Chemda... but my affection for them gets me away from my inquiry. :)

Does anyone remember the name of the book mentioned on the show? Rachel said it was about both physical and emotional clutter and sounded really interesting. I'd love to read that book and Rachel's article. I feel like it would be great companion material to this episode.

Thanks!

A Cluttered Life by Pesi Dinnerstein published by Seal Press.

:)