Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Like Tree5Likes

Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

42: Dating with HIV

Jack Mackenroth talks about being on Project Runway, from the audition process to leaving the show mid-season. He shares his thoughts on being one of the only openly HIV-positive men on TV, and we talk about his current project, Volttage.com, a dating site for HIV-positive gay men.

http://JackMackenroth.com

Volttage.com

http://KATG.com/vip
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The title 'Dating with HIV' sounded intriguing, but as a straight male I wasn't sure I'd like this one. Immediately it became clear this WMN was going to be about a gay man, fashion, and his role on a reality show. These particular things don't interest me.

Then Chemda's guest Jack Mackenroth said, "They want you to take 500 pictures of your life just to be accepted on the show." Chemda says 'Really?' Then Jack says, "Yeah, I was like, do you want me to take pictures of my fucking socks? Oh. Can I swear on this show?" Lolz. Jack was charming, totally open, accessible, and best of all: informative. I was in.

His story is amazing and there is no one better to tell it. Chemda asked some great questions and I feel like anyone who enjoys blow-jobs, straight or gay, can benefit from this show.

Pretty heroic that a man who was clearly taken advantage of at a young age and was infected, is now spreading awareness and building a dating network for gay males w/ HIV with such candor and enthusiasm. Jack was a terrific guest, inspirational, and a great choice for WMN.

As a big KatG fan, I hope that other fans are taking advantage of their VIP access to this show. I equate it to the really good documentary movies in your Netflix cue. Sure a comedy or action flick would be entertaining. We all like to laugh and be entertained. With WMN though, you get that, PLUS, you get that kind of eye-opening, entertaining education that you can talk about with friends. It's the kind of show that spurs new dialogue and ideas.

We all know Chemda does really good radio. This spin-off takes it to the next level with the unique type of guests that she has on. Dig it!
Keith likes this.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I could (and probably should) mention how amazingly eloquent, knowledgable and just all around great to listen to this guest was but the show ended with 'hey google me' and now all thoughts in my brain are reduced to OMG he's soooooooo Hot
Old 05-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I LOVE Project Runway. I was tickled to hear Jack on Chemda's show. It couldn't have been more interesting. I loved the sincere story and the info that I didn't know. Great show!
Keith and BrianAlt like this.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I didn't have any idea what the title of the show was because I play all my KATG shows in order of release and when this particular show came on I had my ipod in my pocket so I was in the dark. Ironically I had just a few hours before listened to the show posted a tweet about how ridiculous the idea of marrying someone with HIV would be after reading a few tweets about how these people supposedly would (You can check my timeline for authenticity: @Larion, 5.29.13). Before the episode came on I was dead set against the notion but I have to admit that he shed so much light on the situation and informed me on so much that I wasn't aware of that I changed my opinion on marrying someone with HIV within a matter of hours. Awesome interview all around.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
The title 'Dating with HIV' sounded intriguing, but as a straight male
OK, I didn't see that coming.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

What a great show! I do love me some project runway so it was cool to hear about the behind the scenes details. I had no idea how crazy filming an entire season is...that literally sounds like creative torture.

Jack seems like such a sweetheart! I love that he has taken something that is usually viewed so negatively and turned it around into something that has helped so many other people in the HIV+ and gay community. Fascinating as usual.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

I just started listening, but I have to ask:

Is 10 really considered a big number of people to have had sex with?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
I just started listening, but I have to ask:

Is 10 really considered a big number of people to have had sex with?
it depends of course but at only 20 years old it might sound like a lot?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

True, true. I didn't realize he was only twenty.