Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   What's My Name (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   48: Prison Fights (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/48-prison-fights-18021/)

dannyhatch 09-11-2013 10:48 AM

48: Prison Fights

Jonnie Flatbush returns to talk about the physical fights he got into while doing time in prison.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

NazT N8 09-11-2013 04:40 PM

Awesome show! I was a short timer for a DUI. But I recognized the lingo.

I think what helped me was being a dj. I never wanted to tell anyone my name was "Nasty". But the one guy I saw start a fight in our cell wanted to open a club on the outside. When he came in we talked about setting it up. Then he got aggressive and he took it out on someone else but the aggression was definitely in the air.

I was just in county with 6 or 7 other dudes. We mainly slept, read books, and played cards for the most part.

littlp 09-11-2013 08:57 PM

Fascinating episode. Thanks Jonnie for sharing these stories. The Jizz fight was especially funny.

I used to judge people on their past, and frankly still do at first sometimes. Being a social worker, I had to quickly get over that. I have to focus on what is going on in my client's PRESENT and possible future rather than the past. The past is important to know because it definitely has an impact on that person's life, but I have seen several cases where people are completely different (I work with older adults). I have been surprised many times when they start telling me about how they were raging alcoholics, fighting people etc. If I ever met Jonnie in real life, of course these stories are going to pop into my head, but I'm also going to remember that he is very talented in his rap battles and that Chemda loves and trusts him.

Sakugenken 09-13-2013 09:00 AM

Another really interesting episode. Chemda's style of interviewing really seems to relax her guests. Cancer patients, aids, heroin addicts and now prison fights. Thanks for opening windows into worlds I would never get to see. I look forward to future adventures...thanks!

Enunciated Piffle 09-16-2013 11:55 PM

Johnny Be Good

Wow! What a great collection of stories! Why isn't Johnny writing a book? Or a movie script?

He was jerking off and his ejaculate went up and over the stall, into an inmate's mouth? Are you fucking serious? That's the greatest jail story - ever!

Now, I didn't like Johnny Run Your Pockets, after his last appearance. I thought he was conning Chemda, just mooching off her, and ultimately dangerous. After this episode however, I feel like he is good people and sincerely done with doing time.

Chemda says that Johnny is rehabilitated. This may be true, but it's to no credit to the prison. Sure, five years in the clink certainly made him think long and hard. There is no 'rehabilitation' in America's penitentiaries. Ask a criminologist/ sociologist and they will tell you the true function of a pen. It is simply to 'warehouse' criminals. That's the term used. "Warehouse.'

It's a testament to Johnny's intelligence and resolve that he is out and staying out. Most people go in for half a decade; come out worse. Excellent episode. Glad he did it and so with such candor.

Everytime Johnny said 'Yeah..' I'm like, this is a cool motherfucker right here :D

starscream 09-17-2013 03:48 PM

I tried doing this same thing with my roommate once. It didn't go quite as well...

Enunciated Piffle 09-18-2013 12:23 AM

Chemda interviewing WSElll will do to WMN, what Keith McNally did for MNiK: put it on the KatG map.

OMg. Please make this happen!

Larion 09-18-2013 03:58 AM

Dope show. Really appreciated his candor. I already know that people with a past aren't always a danger to those around them. I come from an element where half of the dudes I grew up with have served time at some point in time, some of them are still mixed in the criminal world to this day and I love and trust them like brothers. Jonnie seems like a good dude who just came from a bad environment, so as most humans do he adapted and survived; I personally admire that and I admire the fact that he has adapted again to become a regular productive member of society. The fight stories were awesome because it gave real life perspective to people who have no idea what life inside prison is like; sure it's no vacation home but it's not exactly Oz either. Salute to Chemda for a great job and Jonnie for sharing his journey.