Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   What's My Name (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   55: Mixed Race (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/55-mixed-race-18306/)

Michael's Servant 01-15-2014 11:00 AM

55: Mixed Race

Chemda talks to Jordan Tierney, Leah Nanako Winkler, and Elysee Inzunza about their various experiences growing up mixed race and how it impacts their lives and careers today.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

littlp 01-16-2014 08:05 PM

Very interesting show. Great questions.

fraggle312 01-16-2014 10:37 PM

My dad is from Cuba and my mom's parents were from Germany. Both are very white so I ended up being a super white American chick with freckles and blue eyes. My Bronx middle school had a Hispanic majority population. I kind of went through an identity crisis during those years where I felt the need for people to know I was Cuban, but I wasn't fluent in Spanish. I would say "Mira" and then speak in English. It was ridiculous. Eventually I just came to terms with the fact that I am a white chick and that's ok. I enjoy my Cuban culture, the food and the music, and maybe one day I'll become fluent in Spanish. I know it's weird coming from a white chick, but I can relate to being the minority in school and that alone is hard, I can't imagine being different from everyone in my family too. You guys are strong!

Jmsmittyroad 01-18-2014 10:42 AM

Great show, this is what I signed up for VIP to listen to. "What else is love than understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do...?" Fredrick Nietzsche

FingerLakes 01-13-2015 09:14 AM

re: fetishisizing/ preferring mixed races

Chemda asked if the guests had found ppl who were sexually/physically attracted to them because of their mixed race looks. I wanted to chime in that I've mostly heard this sentiment from my hippie Ashkenazi Jew friends who grew up culturally aware and/or try to disassociate themselves from the stereotypical jew in america and so adore black/latino culture. They idolize the strong curly/wavy hair, the hips and rhythm that is stereotypical attached to these cultures and are not attracted to the awkward, shy, argumentative stereotypical nature of their own people.

As a black dude into Asian/pacific island men I do think black and asian mixed men are pretty sexy

The Girl 01-13-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FingerLakes (Post 837234)
Chemda asked if the guests had found ppl who were sexually/physically attracted to them because of their mixed race looks. I wanted to chime in that I've mostly heard this sentiment from my hippie Ashkenazi Jew friends who grew up culturally aware and/or try to disassociate themselves from the stereotypical jew in america and so adore black/latino culture. They idolize the strong curly/wavy hair, the hips and rhythm that is stereotypical attached to these cultures and are not attracted to the awkward, shy, argumentative stereotypical nature of their own people.

As a black dude into Asian/pacific island men I do think black and asian mixed men are pretty sexy

Maybe they Ashkenazi Jews are just fetishizing the Sephardic Jews. ;)

tailhook 08-04-2015 12:07 AM

Just became a VIP member and this was the show i chose to download first. Now i know why its a big deal to support Chemda and Keith. The additional content is totally worth it. The guests are all smoking hot and the flow of the banter was deftly handled by the best interviewer in the business!

Thanks Chemda and Keith. You deserve our support through VIP!