Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By fraggle312
  • 1 Post By Jmsmittyroad
  • 1 Post By The Girl
  • 1 Post By tailhook

Old 01-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

55: Mixed Race

Chemda talks to Jordan Tierney, Leah Nanako Winkler, and Elysee Inzunza about their various experiences growing up mixed race and how it impacts their lives and careers today.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Last edited by Marisela; 01-16-2014 at 05:31 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Very interesting show. Great questions.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

My dad is from Cuba and my mom's parents were from Germany. Both are very white so I ended up being a super white American chick with freckles and blue eyes. My Bronx middle school had a Hispanic majority population. I kind of went through an identity crisis during those years where I felt the need for people to know I was Cuban, but I wasn't fluent in Spanish. I would say "Mira" and then speak in English. It was ridiculous. Eventually I just came to terms with the fact that I am a white chick and that's ok. I enjoy my Cuban culture, the food and the music, and maybe one day I'll become fluent in Spanish. I know it's weird coming from a white chick, but I can relate to being the minority in school and that alone is hard, I can't imagine being different from everyone in my family too. You guys are strong!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Great show, this is what I signed up for VIP to listen to. "What else is love than understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do...?" Fredrick Nietzsche
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

re: fetishisizing/ preferring mixed races

Chemda asked if the guests had found ppl who were sexually/physically attracted to them because of their mixed race looks. I wanted to chime in that I've mostly heard this sentiment from my hippie Ashkenazi Jew friends who grew up culturally aware and/or try to disassociate themselves from the stereotypical jew in america and so adore black/latino culture. They idolize the strong curly/wavy hair, the hips and rhythm that is stereotypical attached to these cultures and are not attracted to the awkward, shy, argumentative stereotypical nature of their own people.

As a black dude into Asian/pacific island men I do think black and asian mixed men are pretty sexy
Old 01-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Chemda asked if the guests had found ppl who were sexually/physically attracted to them because of their mixed race looks. I wanted to chime in that I've mostly heard this sentiment from my hippie Ashkenazi Jew friends who grew up culturally aware and/or try to disassociate themselves from the stereotypical jew in america and so adore black/latino culture. They idolize the strong curly/wavy hair, the hips and rhythm that is stereotypical attached to these cultures and are not attracted to the awkward, shy, argumentative stereotypical nature of their own people.

As a black dude into Asian/pacific island men I do think black and asian mixed men are pretty sexy
Maybe they Ashkenazi Jews are just fetishizing the Sephardic Jews.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Just became a VIP member and this was the show i chose to download first. Now i know why its a big deal to support Chemda and Keith. The additional content is totally worth it. The guests are all smoking hot and the flow of the banter was deftly handled by the best interviewer in the business!

Thanks Chemda and Keith. You deserve our support through VIP!
littlp likes this.