Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   What's My Name (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   56: Asexuality (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/56-asexuality-18354/)

Michael's Servant 02-05-2014 11:00 AM

56: Asexuality

Ben Rosen talks about what it's like to be asexual.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Enunciated Piffle 02-05-2014 11:23 AM

Oooo. This looks like a good topic. I had a cousin who was/ is asexual. Everyone thought this dude was gay, (because we never saw him with women) and he was super intellectual - kind of feminine. Also, he was handsome so my family was like...wtf?

I think asexuality is more common than we think. I'm not sure people are even aware of it. This ep looks good!

Dean from Australia 02-06-2014 09:19 AM

Great episode.

Have to say, I'm not 100% convinced by Ben but it was an insight to something I was only passingly aware of.

ssgtballard 02-06-2014 11:26 AM

For a while there I just thought he had severe sexual ADD

littlp 02-08-2014 08:00 PM

Fascinating episode. Thank you Ben for being so open to answer all of these questions.

The first time I can recall hearing the term "asexual" was in college(almost 10 years ago, shit) when one of my friends, in a fit of frustration, stated that she thought she was asexual, to which I immediately responded, no you are not, you are just depressed right now. I didn't really know anything about asexuality, nor anyone who identified that way. (this friend is now married with a 2.5 year old and another one on the way). I found it really interesting that Ben's testosterone level was normal...I really wonder what gene plays into it, or if it is an evolution thing due to the overcrowding of the world, we really don't know everyone to be sexually driven.

Another amazing episode, many thanks for sharing with us!

Enunciated Piffle 02-09-2014 12:57 PM

I liked when Ben was like "You know how right after you have sex you don't care nor think about sex? That's how I am - all the time!"

This ep was thought provoking to say the least. Trying to figure out if you identify hetero or homosexual THEN if you're asexual followed by what to do with this info and how it affects every aspect of life...heavy.

BrianAlt 02-09-2014 01:15 PM

Sometimes right after sex I think about sex a lot!

bw81 03-12-2014 12:17 AM

Great episode and what a head space to wrap your head around - not wanting sex all the time... it consumes so much of my thoughts at times, prevents me from falling asleep (maybe if I keep giving her a backrub even though she is clearly asleep and snoring she may wake and wanna go... no... I'll try for another 10 minutes anyway) and can cause so much frustration.

It would be so freeing not having to think about it so much!

Thanks for sharing, Ben.