Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   What's My Name (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   66: Burlesque (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f25/66-burlesque-18970/)

Michael's Servant 11-26-2014 11:00 AM

66: Burlesque

Chemda talks with Rosebud about being a burlesque dancer.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

MichaelApproved 11-26-2014 02:09 PM

If you're looking for the uncensored version of the video, you can download the MP4 directly. We had to censor it for the iOS Apple app but the MP4 direct download has the unedited version.

Enunciated Piffle 12-10-2014 01:40 PM

I like this Rosebud. She strikes me as: smart, thoughtful, and interesting. I gotta say though. I've seen strippers and I've seen burlesque. I disagree with Rosebud that both are the same.

Strippers are people who take off their clothes in a dimly lit, gross feeling strip club that often has tacky fluorescent rope lights. The employees are gruff meathead bouncer dudes who treat you like shit. The drinks are super over-priced. There's desperation in the air. The music is atrocious. The stripper simply a person who takes their clothes off. It can be fun if your girlfriend goes with you, but otherwise it's full of awful groups of guys or worse: the creepy lone guy.

Maybe the difference is the crowd and the venue. Burlesque I've seen in a local hang bar and a theater. Both were full of equal amount men and women. The atmosphere was jovial and sexy without it being weird. It was a performance. Jokes were told between acts. Some sang. One played an accordion. There was even a local band at one point.

Both strippers and burlesque involves shedding clothing. But only Burlesuqe takes it beyond that. Far, far beyond.

lalalemon 12-10-2014 05:51 PM

Rosebud is fucking awesome. Just from what little I know from this ep, this person could have a whole WMN series of their own.

What smart discussion about the art of burlesque, gender and body image- powerful episode!

GreeningOA 12-28-2014 06:55 PM

Love this interview

i believe I saw rosebud perform at KATG week two years ago. I would love to see a performance now after learning everything I did in this interview. Rosebud is SO interesting to listen too - thanks for sharing.

-Scott

Tomrl94 01-02-2015 11:07 AM

This interview is fantastic. I was the perfect combination of entertaining, informative, and funny. Thanks for doing it.

g001dfinger 02-04-2015 07:11 AM

Are there some suggested burlesque shows to see in NYC? Coming for a weekend vacation and would like to get tickets.