Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Old 10-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Kudos to Lucas for your bravery and clarity. And Chemda your show is awesome and unlike anything out there in audio land. You two being friends and going through this together has produced a smart, deep and unflinching look at the our brains and it's going to help a lot of people. Meds and therapy have been mentioned but if turrets is an issue there used to be group meetings and organizations for that - might they still exist somewhere in NYC? Finding other functioning people who are coping with the same condition will give you another source of support.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just wanted to say - fantastic episode. I can definitely relate to some of the stuff Lucas goes through.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Am I the only one who looked up the place mentioned in Lucas' story? But yeah, a really WTF? moment.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Which one? Prospect Park?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

For some reason I accidently skipped this one earlier. Listened to it today after a tiny altercation sent me into "oh woe is me" mode to the point where it was ridiculous... which happens often, and I could relate so much to Lucason so many levels. Great episode!

Last edited by lizzy1e; 02-21-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #16 (permalink)

i just heard this episode yesterday. i couldn't relate to it more. i have depression and have had it since childhood. the thing about "feeling it coming on" ...that feeling is so frustrating, and happens on both sides. for me the major episodes can last months and the lingering can too. stephen fry likens it to feeling a shift in weather. the in between is kind of like sunshowers. i feel myself dipping into something today but liste
ning to lucas so succinctly express what i go through felt nice. i relate to the tourette's comments too. at my worst i also make uncontrollable sounds and repeat abusive phrases to myself and it seems to relieve something. awesome epi! thanks for the amazing job you do!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for sharing your story, Lucas. It must be hard not being able to control those feelings even though you know how it is affecting you and those around you. Really glad you found KATG and they were able to lift you up because you are a stand up guy.