Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Like Tree17Likes

Old 09-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

81: Reverse What's My Name: The Biopsy Results

We discuss Chemda's incredibly rare tumor, what she still doesn’t know, and what’s coming next.

For more information or to donate to Chemda please visit YouCaring.com/TheGirl

Guests:
Chemda

Libby

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

SquareWheels30 likes this.

Last edited by Marisela; 10-14-2016 at 06:13 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for doing this show, Chemda and Libby. Is your new FB page for listeners too? I know you won't like it but please make a Wish List of what you need during this time and update it throughout the year. There are so many of us who love you and want to help and support you.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

You have a beautiful "cry face"

OMG ! I can handle Libby crying,but every time Chemda tears up,it destroys me.

You are probably getting sick of stories so I'll keep mine brief..at age 32 I was diagnosed with breast cancer...(kicked the shit out of that) at 47 with lung cancer.. still working on that one..

The best advice I ever got was to go somewhere alone( the mountains,a private beach, anywhere you can be truly by yourself) and scream and yell and cuss and cry at the top of your lungs. Its really healing and ,for me anyways lets you just get it all out. (Thats for you and Hennessey,you should just do it separately)

As far as where you will be in a year..You have to let your fans worry about that. We will not let you disappear...even if you want to

Be strong,and know that we are all here if you need us
~Lynne
magentamalibu likes this.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this Chemda, it fucking sucks.

As I've mentioned a few times, I had thyroid cancer in 2010; I can't remember what the specific names of it was, I had two different types, but they were the lowest and easiest to treat. It still sucked to go through it. I had to have 2 surgeries and radioactive iodine treatment. Before I had the iodine, I had to be on this stupid diet two weeks before the treatment and a week after the treatment. I had to have low iodine diet...you don't realize how much fucking iodine is in EVERYTHING. And Red dye 40... I also had to be off all my medications except my insulin. So that meant I wasn't on any kind of thyroid medication and off of my anti-depressant. I was a treat to be around. My poor husband, who is an excellent chef, had to deal with my tantrums over what I couldn't eat. He tried to cook me what he could...I was very much a brat sometimes. I cried over not being able to have buffalo wings. You are allowed to feel this. After taking the radioactive iodine, I had to be sequestered in my room for three full days, plus had to wash my sheets several times, couldn't have my cat with me, husband couldn't sleep in the same bed as me. I ended up sleeping a lot, which is the best thing for your body as it is fighting/repairing things.

During this time, I found out who my true friends and family were. I was lucky to have family who were willing and able to financially help us out. My husband took it hard and tried to keep it to himself. It did help at the time that we moved into our first house and he was able to work overtime several times. I was lucky to have a decent recovery. I was NOT the healthiest person at the time either, overweight, diabetes was not controlled, I didn't have any major complications.

People need to sign up for VIP and donate because the medical bills will be outrageous. I was getting bills two years later. They will all work with you though. You can be on payment plans; sometimes you qualify for medical assistance. I had to take the nonchalant attitude when they tried to get hard on me-"Haven't worked for a while, just got the house, I can give you $50 bucks right now...or nothing at all, and I will hang up if you keep trying to be a dick.

I also have to have a thyroid ultrasound once a year just to make sure it didn't come back. Not sure if they'll do the same to you or not, I'd be surprised if they didn't want some just in case imaging for a few years to make sure the fucker doesn't come back.

This is the perfect time to tell people to fuck off who aren't in your circle. That includes attitude nurses/techs/whoever. Mention JCOHA ( Joint commission on health care association, basically the Big Brother for all hospitals) and especially HIPPA violations if they are saying your shit to people who don't need to hear it. You don't have to take any abuse.

In terms of females I'd like to see on the show as a guest host:
- Marcia Belsky
- Kerryn Feehan
- Sidnee Washington
- Katharine Heller
- Judy Gold
- Wendi Starling
- Christi Chiello
- Justy Dodge
- Molly Knefel
- Carmen Lynch
- Chrissy Mayer
- Libby of course
- Emily Lubin
- Andrea Allan
- Sharron Paul
- Rae Sanni
- Liz Miele
- Mara Wilson
- Sara Benincasa
- Amber Nelson
- Joyelle Nicole

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
magentamalibu likes this.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Old 09-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just want to say that I really appreciate you doing this show and keeping us updated on what is going on.

I am sure that over the next months you will have some hard times but there will most definitely also be weeks or days where you will feel fine and might want to come into the studio to do some podcasting just for a change in scenery.
So let your lovely coworkers and friends support you in keeping the day-to-day KATG running and make decisions based on how you feel as each week comes. Your fans will be here waiting sending good vibes and happy to hear whatever updates you can/want to give us.

Do silly shows when they give you fun pain-meds, do a cranky show if you want to complain about yucky chemo, hide in your bed for 3 weeks and challenge MJG for best feedback crown when you happen to catch a live-show. Everything will be OK.

My picks for Keith and the Girls:
- Marcia Belsky
- Kerryn
- Myka Fox
- Katharine Heller
- Christi Chiello
- Molly Knefel
- Carmen Lynch
- Libby
- Rae Sanni
- Liz Miele
- Kelly Fastuka
- Justy Dodge
- Sharron Paul
Rommorwen likes this.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

for better or worse, in sickness and in health; do not underestimate the pathological nature of our love for you and what you've built. we're not going anywhere. it's going to storm, but the ship will not sink and it will not run aground.

you've gotten many, Many, MANY of us through our darkest times and now we're gonna do that for you. it's the absolute least we could do for how much you yourself have given us.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

One thing that bothered me was what the doctors said. Based on the size and the location, they knew what this was before the biopsy. I understand the need to check it out with a biopsy, but God forbid they ever say what they THINK it is. Because based on the location and symptoms, I don't think they could have thought any differently.

They knew before the biopsy.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

"If I find God, I'll choke him." #Chemdaisfunny
The Girl and SquareWheels30 like this.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Another amazing episode.
The Girl likes this.