Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree43Likes

Old 01-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

I hope to return and give everyone an update. I had a two-day hangover after this episode so I think I'll have to go back and re-listen to...orient myself with it once again.

Keith is the best, that was an amazing time. I'll be on the forums here so if anyone has any questions hit me up.
Keith, Bucho, ImStillToni and 2 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What an incredible episode! It's truly a remarkable example of in vino veritas. We could hear drunk happening. Also, Andrew, no shit man, keep us posted.
Keith and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbnail View Post
It's truly a remarkable example of in vino veritas. We could hear drunk happening.
Exactly!

This is actually super important and why I can't get into the last episode with Katherine Heller. She didn't become vulnerable. She simply made it appear like she was.

I judge these MNiK on the level of control Keith maintains. It's right around minute 56 that Keith is sauced, it's all laughs, but then you suddenly hear Keith's brain working. He literally stops, (as if he's dead sober) and is like, "Wait a minute - something's not adding up here."

It's that moment. It's the reveal. It's the science of Keith; his process that makes these shows so enjoyable - at least for this listener anyway.
Thumbnail likes this.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post

It's that moment. It's the reveal. It's the science of Keith; his process that makes these shows so enjoyable - at least for this listener anyway.
All of the above!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This one was like one of those art movies where they have scenes out of chronological order so for the first two thirds you're all, "What the fuck is this thing even trying to communicate?" but then in the last third it all comes together and you're all, "Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, nooooooooooow I get it."
Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love Keith's timing for shots;

Andrew: Ok, I'll talk about my alcohol addicted Grandmother for the first time...
Keith: SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew: Ooook

I think anyone who agrees to be on MNIK knows that they have something they need sorting out. So by the time the show is over they have gotten out what they needed to and can go about making the changes in their life for the better. Andrews' issue seemed pretty clear to me early on (regarding the ex) - I really hope his outlook on life improves, he's a good guy and it pains me to hear someone feel so over life at such a young age. If he were a piece of shit, fair enough - but he's a good dude and I wish him the best.

Loved the episode. Someone should add some dramatic music to the lead up to all the puzzle pieces sinking in and Keith announcing what the big issue with the guest is.

Keith: Hold on.... SIXTH SENSE!!!! You still love your ex. BOOOOOOM!
Thumbnail likes this.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

OMG The stomach ache thing happened to me as a kid too.
And headaches. I would get horrible headaches and stomachaches, and later migraines. Throughout late elementary and middle school. I had MRIs and EEGs and whatever other crazy tests done by doctors. Their diagnosis: Stress.
Yup.
Thanks, medical professionals.

Sorry, I have no conclusion to this story, this is just the first time I've heard someone else talk about having the same thing happen to them.

P.S. Great guest and great episode
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _andrewshort View Post
if anyone has any questions hit me up.
Why is there an underscore at the start of your username?

Are you trying to make your username seem taller?
Thumbnail and ImStillToni like this.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

How amazing is it that Keith can sound completely sober while his guests are slurring their words?

Was there a Vitamin Water bottle in the room...?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

HOW DARE YOU QUESTION SCIENCE!

Next you'll be saying Keith's beakers aren't graduated...