Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree53Likes

Old 12-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

20: The Prodigal Son

The Girl's Brother, Michael Khalili, is ready for a drunk Zero Edit Show. He discusses and explains the Internet Boom that brought him millions, how angry ass-fucking is the ultimate offense (e.g., Gaddafi’s death), Fear and Loathing-style cocaine use, The (Dirty) Deep Web and bitcoins, and his attempted suicide and what real depression is like. Spooky’s KATG shocking return(?) is discussed as well, as are parenting tips, the death of your parents, Andrew Dice Clay, Michael and his brother Andrew arriving a second after their mom was robbed at gunpoint, vitiligo (i.e., the Michael Jackson disease), and having an open (honest?) relationship.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Wow. What a crazy life Michael has lived/ is living! Listening to his stories was like watching Wolf of Wall Street. You think, "Dudes really live like this? That's gangster."

Great guest. Good with the booze and quick with an answer. Some answers got into the realm of who gives a shit and/ or "this feels like school" with the bit coin and computer coding talk, but Keith was quick to shout the interview boat into more entertaining waters

One question I now have is, "So who is this other brother?" What's he like? It seems Chemda is the loving/ nurturing type. She also is business savvy - like Michael. Who seems to be brainy and tech proficient. But who is the other one? I feel like no one ever talks about him.

Keith described the other brother as "intimidating" and that he was scared of him upon meeting him. Is he the jock of the Khalili fam? Is he close to their mother and father? Religious?

Great ep. Definitely falling into the mandatory KATG category, but now I wanna hear about this brother. Until then, Michael Khalili A++
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

In honor of one of my favorite KATG guests gracing the best show ever did with his presence, I went and lost money playing poker before hand and am now ready to watch. I have my Party! Super Party! shot glass ready to take a shot each time Keith yells it. How many shots did you do before the show? 5? Ok. So pumped! Let the awesomeness begin.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Wow. What a crazy life Michael has lived/ is living! Listening to his stories was like watching Wolf of Wall Street. You think, "Dudes really live like this? That's gangster."

Great guest. Good with the booze and quick with an answer. Some answers got into the realm of who gives a shit and/ or "this feels like school" with the bit coin and computer coding talk, but Keith was quick to shout the interview boat into more entertaining waters

One question I now have is, "So who is this other brother?" What's he like? It seems Chemda is the loving/ nurturing type. She also is business savvy - like Michael. Who seems to be brainy and tech proficient. But who is the other one? I feel like no one ever talks about him.

Keith described the other brother as "intimidating" and that he was scared of him upon meeting him. Is he the jock of the Khalili fam? Is he close to their mother and father? Religious?

Great ep. Definitely falling into the mandatory KATG category, but now I wanna hear about this brother. Until then, Michael Khalili A++
Thanks!

There are three siblings: Andrew, Chemda and me. Andrew is the oldest and who I partnered with years ago during the first dot com boom. Now, he works on a site that he created called Mixergy - Business tips for startups by proven entrepreneurs It's a site that talks about big business successes and failure in an effort to tech you something about avoid failures and replicate successes.

He's close to our parents and is a believer though he's not extremely religious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Andrew is the other brother and Chemda has talked about him quite a bit. Not sure how you missed that unless you confused the two brothers for the single brother.
I'm happy to take credit for stories about him

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Do people really have relationships where they yell at each other? It sounds like a Seinfeld joke.
It seems like, for some people, intense fighting is a normal part of relationships. If you're not fighting, you're not communicating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
In honor of one of my favorite KATG guests gracing the best show ever did with his presence, I went and lost money playing poker before hand and am now ready to watch. I have my Party! Super Party! shot glass ready to take a shot each time Keith yells it. How many shots did you do before the show? 5? Ok. So pumped! Let the awesomeness begin.
Thank you! Sorry about the poker though. If you enjoy playing, you might like this reddit Poker

There was definitely pregaming before the show. Maybe 3 or 4 beers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a little pregame.jpg (47.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Was a little meh that you were drinking beer and bud LIGHT of all things. But you get a pass because it was my favorite MNIK yet anyway. Maybe it was because I decided to get interactive on this one. Either way it was a great fuckin episode front to back and I really enjoyed pretending to get wasted with you two. Best show ever did with the best guest ever had.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Michael,

I might be wrong but I remember you saying on the show several years back that you had no desire to have kids. What changed?

(If I'm wrong then fuck me, and I apologize)
Old 12-06-2014, 04:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
Was a little meh that you were drinking beer and bud LIGHT of all things. But you get a pass because it was my favorite MNIK yet anyway. Maybe it was because I decided to get interactive on this one. Either way it was a great fuckin episode front to back and I really enjoyed pretending to get wasted with you two. Best show ever did with the best guest ever had.
Seriously! That's awesome to hear. Thanks!

True, I wasn't taking shots but I was chugging. Even with light beer, I was pretty loopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
Michael,

I might be wrong but I remember you saying on the show several years back that you had no desire to have kids. What changed?

(If I'm wrong then fuck me, and I apologize)
You're wrong. Fuck you. I accept your apology.

Actually, in the past, I was thinking 2-3 kids but now I'm thinking just one.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

That was a really great episode. Michael, you are more cool and badass than I thought... I never thought about the fast living side of what Internet nerddom could bring. I enjoyed this ep immensely.

Although I have no idea how you can drink that much beer and not be pissing every two minutes. The curse of my life.

Also, Metric! Love those guys. This is a great one-shot video of theirs. http://youtu.be/LqldwoDXHKg

Keith and MichaelApproved like this.

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 12-07-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Embedded the youtube video
Old 12-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

BTC

Michael,

1) When did you first fear about BTC?

2) Do you own any bit coins or fractions there of?

3) What's your opinion of Andreas Antonopoulos?

4) Most importantly, have you gotten Chemda or Keith to invest in BTC?

5) Oh. It sounds like you like going up, (uppers etc) what's your caffeine intake like?
Old 12-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Michael,

1) When did you first fear about BTC?

2) Do you own any bit coins or fractions there of?

3) What's your opinion of Andreas Antonopoulos?

4) Most importantly, have you gotten Chemda or Keith to invest in BTC?

5) Oh. It sounds like you like going up, (uppers etc) what's your caffeine intake like?
1) Don't remember exactly but I think it was about a year or two ago when the price was around $10 or less.

2) I don't own any coins. I tried to mine it when I first heard about it but my machine was too slow (I have a shitty GPU since I mostly code and don't need anything more powerful than a $40 card).

3) I don't follow bitcoin close enough to know who Andreas is. I do subscribe to reddit Bitcoin so I get some news every once in a while.

4) The best investment KATG makes is in the show itself.

5) When I'm working, I drink anywhere from 2-5 cans Diet Pepsi a day. Usually it's 3 but I don't do it for the buzz. If I'm not working, 1-2 for the day works fine for me. I keep it low especially if I'm playing poker. I don't want to be antsy at the table. That just leads to trouble.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.