Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   My Name Is Keith (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   17: The Lover (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/17-lover-18779/)

Michael's Servant 08-20-2014 11:00 AM

17: The Lover

Liz Miele wishes everyone could be more open and honest with their feelings. Meanwhile, Keith teaches her how to be in touch with her own. Gripping. Powerful. Drunk.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

CsisandDesist 08-20-2014 03:19 PM

OMG OMG OMG.

I have a crush on Liz, this should be entertaining. Presses play.

CsisandDesist 08-20-2014 03:22 PM

Ok that was weird that the first words out of Keith's mouth is that he also has a crush on Liz.

Scumhook 08-20-2014 06:17 PM

Yaaaay!!! (Yes, I am secure enough in my masculinity to say that). Anyone who doesn't have a crush on Liz should be placed under psychiatric care immediately.

A wonderful (if short) ep - the spirit of bjames returns with an inadvertent call back of "I fukdup" near the end :D :D I guess an almost 5'1" 110lbs frame doesn't leave a lot of room to metabolise booze.

Liz was fucking great. Honest, sparkly, funny and crush-able. I would love to hear her back on, and we need a follow up as to whether she told her bf she loved him, or just barfed all over floor then passed out.

Cart Horse 08-21-2014 05:01 AM

Flirt, flirt, flirt, Flirt. Keith puttin' it on.

thirteen 08-21-2014 02:51 PM

Great episode.

The flirting was verrrry obvious. Lots of giggling from both Liz and Keith. Just like Liz is uncomfortable with kissing, I'm uncomfortable with flirting in my ears for an hour.

I want a MNIK with Cat.

Keith 08-21-2014 04:03 PM

I have a crush on Cat too, so you CERTAINLY don't want to be part of THAT.

Eric M 08-21-2014 05:52 PM

How could you NOT have a crush on Liz? Loved it. Although I think I only heard one maybe two shot calls from Keith and she couldn't stop saying how drunk she was. Must've been some pregame I guess. Very exciting moment when you said you're gonna try to start doing these every 3-4 weeks. Best show ever did.

Bucho 08-21-2014 10:01 PM

So fun. Liz was A+ top notch. Also loved Keith's new explosive sign-off that I hope becomes a regular thing.

"[Gun noises] ... 20 more seconds, then you can go to the bathroom ... [More gun noises]"
"Your face is so red."
"Oh God, it's not easy ... cause these aren't real guns I'm shootin."

lizsquiz 08-21-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucho (Post 830519)

"[Gun noises] ... 20 more seconds, then you can go to the bathroom ... [More gun noises]"

Watch the video. They're not just noises.

bw81 08-26-2014 01:46 AM

I'm with Bucho - the end made me laugh like an r-tard. It was like the opposite to the intro to Danny Hatch on TTSWD but this time you are making your guest nearly piss themselves while you finish your outro. Liz was great and got tanked quite quickly, guess the smaller ones don't need as much.

I wish I had the time to sit and watch the video for this and TTSWD - I've had to revert back to audio only at the moment. I have a creative mind though and Keith looked hilarious. Nice unicorn shirt too.

Enunciated Piffle 08-28-2014 12:08 AM

This ep was another example of Keith being incredibly gifted in the realm of: observation, psychology, and just over-all big pimp/control/insightfulness. It's another ep where the listener thinks, "Keith is highly skilled and fun drinker. Damn. I wish I could have a beer with him."

I've heard Liz on Myka Fox's spin-off. She's funny. She's also incredibly sexy. Jesus Christ, is this chick hot. It's enough to make ya wish you had KATG video, if not for the 2 mins it took to get this 88 pound, model-esque beauty drunk.

This was a damn fine ep. As an alcoholic and drug user though; it really didn't impress me. Keith obviously did an Aces+ job making it fun, but no real challenge to his skill set.

Anyway.

I would like to address the brilliance, (and sheer bravery) that Keith addressed on this ep concerning male friendship.

Keith brought up that guy he ran into at a bar. The guy was just some dude who happened to get along with Keith. It's that moment you realize as a man, "oh shit, I think this guy is a new friend..." NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THIS!

Now. We're ALL progressive and liberal. We don't care if men date men or women date women. There's no hatred in that area. Keith has a gay brother. He knows the score and is very evolved in this area.

This being said, as a 35 yr old straight man, I totally get what Keith is getting at when he's like, "I think I made a new friend." People don't understand how FUCKING DIFFICULT this is...after the age of like 25. You don't just ask a dude for his number. You don't just...make plans. It doesn't work like that.

You pretty much are relegated to 'yer boys' you grew up with. There's zero addition to this. I would love to see this issue explored further. Once again, Keith's honesty and observations make VIP golden.

Keith knew Liz had to pee something fierce...so he drew the outro out as long as possible...haha. Loved the end twist.

boobs 08-28-2014 01:04 PM

This episode made me fall in love with Liz!

I actually had reservations about listening to this show since I didn't LOVE her originally from previous shows, but turns out I had her pegged all wrong - this definitely made me fall head over heels in love with her!:p

It has also prompted me to want to start to try harder when I meet people I want to be Friends with in the future! nothing wrong with being super transparent and going after a relationship you want even if it's just a friendship, so thanks to her for that.

thirteen 08-28-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 830506)
I have a crush on Cat too, so you CERTAINLY don't want to be part of THAT.

Yeah, but all fans want to know about your particular relationship. Would make for an amazing show.

Keith 08-28-2014 01:35 PM

You'd be uncomfortable at all the love, and you'd feel inadequate.

ImStillToni 09-21-2014 04:26 PM

Hot, snarky, funny, a fun drunk, and can go to toe to toe with Keith?
I NEED to be Liz's friend! I like this bitch!!!!