Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree14Likes

Old 08-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3: The Pit (Our Name Is Keith) Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallulahB View Post
Is My Name is Keith on hiatus? When will we have another installment?
She comes when she comes, baby.

And oh how she came.

Keith McNally.

When he yells at you that you don't know him, you may now politely nod back and say that you do.

Last edited by Keith; 01-08-2013 at 08:13 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

Part one! My word. I'm excited.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This madness is some of the most riveting conversation in KATG history. I already loved Keith, Keith and Kyle before I heard this.

Afterward I loved them even more.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Carnage

So this occured over Jaeger shots? Can't wait to listen to part 2 and find out what Keith Malley and Kyle cried about. Kudos Kyle- no pee breaks once. You totally deserve a reuben sandwich.
This episode had so many twist and turns. Just when it seemed to wrap it went deeper. I tuned in for drunken banter but got even better: raw emotion and surprisingly coherent exchanges. Fuck money. Hope we all get some. I always liked Mcnally. He let's it all out. Keith Malley you ran a stunner.

Marga
Old 08-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I'm thinking the Firefly podcast McNally refers to around 1:09:00 was called "The Signal".

I listened to that show too and yes, it wasn't very good, but podcasting was new and it was about Firefly.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Also feel like sharing, hearing McNally recount how he got into podcasts, mostly Digg.com was the catalyst. Started listening to Diggnation after being on Digg for so long.

That transitioned into TWiT which then got me onto Podcast Alley.

KATG is still the only show I've stuck with. Still listening to lots of other shows but thats the original one that is still on my subscription.

Great episode of MY----NAME----IS----KEITH!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

All I got from this episode is that McNally is kind of a douchebag, and I feel sorry for his mom and her bank account.

Weird, I used to love McNally.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Great episode, probably my favourite of the MNIK series.

Will have to admit though, the more McNally speaks the more respect I lose for him.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I wonder if AA meetings would be better if the phrase "SHOTS" happened anytime someone interjected with real emotions.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

This was such a great episode! Had my full attention the whole way. I was completely with McNally up until the rant again about how the US wants the rest of the world to feel sorry for us for our recession. I thought the whole world was in this recession. If the US is out there trying to get sympathy, it's not the real people who are struggling to get employment, are losing their houses, can't pay their medical expenses, or student loans. It's the media, politiicians, and the 1%. Real people don't have time for it.

Also, I'm not challenging the fact the idea that McNally's mother's family was poor. I've been to Campobello Island and the people don't have a high standard of living. It's remote, but who says not having a McDonalds is anything bad. It's a blessing. Anyway, there are no places in Canada that are as poor as the poorest places in the US. There are at least 8 counties in South Dakota (where Indian reservations are) that have per capita incomes under $5000. This is a full $6000 less than the poorest communities in Canada. Also, if you've ever been to any of the border towns in Texas, there's poverty thats worse than anything you can believe would actually happen in this country. It's unbelievable.

Kyle was the shining star in this episode. The advice he gave McNally was right on. His attitude about his horrible money situation is great. I feel like we should put together a sandwich fund for Kyle.

I'm glad My Name is Keith is back. Great job!

Last edited by TallulahB; 08-05-2012 at 11:03 PM.