Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree14Likes

Old 08-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #41 (permalink)

lol, that's fucked up
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #42 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Just saying this was one of the funniest and most awesome things I've listened to ever. Having listened to all McNally's awesome rants over the years I was still surprised at parts. There was so much on this episode he had never gone into. Can't wait for the next part.

I think everyone has their point of view and people who don't agree with another's point of view confuse me when they get angry. I know my worldview is shaped by all the amazing, cool and shitty things I've seen in my life and will see. Point is if someone doesn't see it your way sure try explain your point of view sure, but many folks just aint gonna geddit. So what! Maybe someday they will, maybe they won't. Probably doesn't effect me. Also I always know, from how much my worldview has changed, whatever I think now could be wrong.
This goes for McNally and all the people who disagree with him.

Also Kudos to McNally for putting up so much resistance to Keith's "techniques". Keith was so relentless even his security had second thoughts As an audience member though I'm very happy with the result. Thank goodness he (McNally) can be rational about it now I'm sure and realize he just got a little drunk and lost his temper for a bit.

Shots!
Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #43 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatami View Post
Thank goodness he (McNally) can be rational about it now I'm sure
um . . >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatami View Post
Shots!
most assuredly
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #44 (permalink)

Having not heard part two, I'm still a bit scared for McNally and what else he's said during recording and is already seemingly regretting. I feel bad for him and hope everything's ok with him!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #45 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

As someone who currently lives on the east coast of Canada I feel I need to say Keith is exaggerating when he says the entire eastern Canada is poor.

There are certainly very poor areas of eastern Canada, especially New Brunswick but there are also rich areas as well (mostly bigger cities). I live in Halifax for the last 8 years and for almost all that time there were more jobs in this city than people to fill them, even during the lowest part of the recession. I've honestly barely felt the recession living here compared to many other areas of Canada and the US.

I can remember seeing signs offering up to $500 for people who accept a job at certain places and Subway specifically was offering $50 for people to just show up to an interview. Now i would say at least 50% of the fast food jobs in this city are filled with workers who are literally shipped in from the Philippines because almost everyone in the city has a better job.

This of course isn't the way the entire region is but I wanted share that there are areas on both ends of the poor-rich spectrum in eastern Canada and many have seen ups and downs over the years.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #46 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've been to Halifax, NS and St. John, NB. While it's obvious that these areas are a bit depressed, they are in no way very poor. I'm sure some of the surrounding areas are poorer and very depressed, but I'm also sure that some people that live in these rural areas are there specifically because it's the type of life they want to live. McNally would be well served to live in these areas with his 1k/month rather than in Toronto.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #47 (permalink)

Glass full of what?

McNally is in dire need of therapy or a huge reality check. McNally's Mom grows up so poor none of us "know what it's like", she has the stones to become a lawyer make something of herself takes 12K (plus) per year from her and whines about how his family came from poverty? So rather than being proud of his Mom he's embarrassed by where she (anecdotally not he) came from?

Never like McNally and his vitriol now I know that his perspective is as whacked as I suspected, but I hope it is not as bad as it sounds.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #48 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamis View Post
but I hope it is not as bad as it sounds.
<_<
Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #49 (permalink)

Facepalm time

Hearing the show clip was unpleasant one time. A second time was painful.
Never really thought positive or negative about McNally;
& Probably will go back to not thinking about it after this post.

Keith "Negative" McNancy,
Drunk or sober
Should really shut the fuck up or go home to his fabulous Canada

You could say "omg, we just found the pot of gold at the end of this rainbow... isn't that great, McNally?"
I'm certain he would find some kind of response about it, like:
"I once found a pot of gold under a Canadian double rainbow.
It was full of ketchup chips, maple syrup and hockey sticks.
You know, all the stuff that's better than America.
I still have to ask my mom for money, tho---
Cause you don't understand what it's like to NOT have a pot of gold or gold metals!! Fuck you!"

For whatever sake; put a fucking smile on and enjoy life for what it is, McFart.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyButts View Post
Should really shut the fuck up or go home to his fabulous Canada
I like how people think he just decided to go visit America like it's some sort of vacation for him that he chose the location of.