Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree14Likes

Old 09-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #81 (permalink)

Speaking from personal experience, this forum is the best place to help you feel better about whatever is getting you down in life. Carry on.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #82 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I always gave McNally the benefit of the doubt, but to hear him talk about how Danny is "socially unaware" and be so judgemental and condescending to Kyle and Keith's thoughts and feelings...I've totally lost all sympathy for him. He is simply narcissistic and thinks his words mean way more than anyone else's.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #83 (permalink)

oh and his "I will never be bullied again, so I hit first" is such a rediculous statement...I have a family of successful victims...this guy is just another one of those. Even when he bullies, he justifies it and turns himself into the victim.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #84 (permalink)

Ugh I would also like to 'vent' about this episode, and I kind of feel bad about it because clearly McNally is in a lot of pain and who the fuck are we to pick him apart, but then again McNally took it upon himself to say his mother was the poorest person in all North America and get mad and angry at a whole bunch of non-existant American Bullies that are crying about the economy. The only moments of sanity in these two episodes other than the advice and real talk Kyle gives is where Keith Malley yells 'I DIDN'T DO IT' when McNally uses the anti-America talk to prevent discussing what's wrong with him.

There are sooo many thoughts I had during this episode... I always on Team McNally when I went back to listened to all the old episodes him, Spooky, and Bray were always my favorite guests and I still go back and listen to those episodes (;-; I'm losing all my favs) and I'm in the same situation that McNally spoke in the episodes Enabled, where I am held back by saying all these minimum wage jobs are bullshit and it's easier just coasting by with my mom's support and how damaging being enabled is because it makes me scared to move on and leave my comfort zone. With that said Kyle was awesome in these two episodes and I would wager to say that Kyle who only had 75 cents in his pocket (omg I wanted to punch McNally when he predicted Kyle had $15 in his pocket with such a smug tone as though he was ready to go into a speech about how entitled americans are thinking $15 is nothing) is happier than McNally because my self esteem would be a lot better if I weren't being supported. Ugh yeah I need to get my stuff together.

So dumb that he wouldn't shut the fuck up and listen when Keith was genuinely telling McNally that going to a meeting would probably do some good. Even though McNally was mistaken in thinking Keith was talking about AA it's still such bullshit when someone says 'fuck that group and their higher power religious bullshit'. That's the obvious go to when someone wants to find any out they can not to go, even Jesse Joyce has been on this show (and this was back in the era when McNally deemed the podcast worthy of his attention) and said that the higher power is whatever you want it to be.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #85 (permalink)

So, let me get this straight: You all disagree with an angry drunk guy? Well, now I just don't know what to think.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #86 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

More of a sad drunk guy, dude.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
So, let me get this straight: You all disagree with an angry drunk guy? Well, now I just don't know what to think.
you can't blame being drunk on all the things you said. the anger was real, the opinions were real. Kyle was way more hammered and he managed to make sense.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #88 (permalink)

Well, I apologize for offending you personally. That was really out of line. I don't know what I was thinking.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Lizard View Post
the higher power is whatever you want it to be.
But what if you're not dumb enough to believe there is a higher power, of any kind, least of all one that gives a shit about your drinking.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post
I always gave McNally the benefit of the doubt, but to hear him talk about how Danny is "socially unaware"...I've totally lost all sympathy for him.
I don't hold that against him. I know he's wrong, and we're still friends. But I appreciate you flying the flag for me