Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   My Name Is Keith (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   3: The Pit (Our Name Is Keith) Part I (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/3-pit-our-name-keith-part-i-17197/)

dEadERest 08-09-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyButts (Post 729098)
Keith "Negative" McNancy

schleprock

BrianAlt 08-09-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dEadERest (Post 729144)

http://www.papermag.com/uploaded_ima...schleprock.jpg

dEadERest 08-09-2012 01:39 PM

:D

dannyhatch 08-09-2012 05:53 PM

I've hung out with McNally a lot since he's been in NYC. (Humblebrag?) In person he's one of the nicest people I've ever met, very charming and easy to talk to and, for the most part, quick to make you feel welcome. Over the radio, I've always thought he just sounded like a cool dude.

I'm surprised by this. I think it's brilliant and entertaining but also sort of an anomaly for McNally. He's not been like this in all of the times I've interacted with him, in person or otherwise. I'd just chalk it up to the alcohol and remember that we all have some sadness in us.

incognegro13x 08-09-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianAlt (Post 729070)
I've been to Halifax, NS and St. John, NB. While it's obvious that these areas are a bit depressed, they are in no way very poor. I'm sure some of the surrounding areas are poorer and very depressed, but I'm also sure that some people that live in these rural areas are there specifically because it's the type of life they want to live. McNally would be well served to live in these areas with his 1k/month rather than in Toronto.

Agreed. What struck me as weird was his take on Maine. I have only been there once, so by no means am I an expert. However, I did get the feel that it had that East Coast old money touch. Maybe I was in the wrong area perhaps, but I ironically I did meet someone today from Maine. This person who until he enlisted into the Marines after 9-11 was a fisherman in Maine and comes from a long generation of fisherman. He kept using a special term word to describe the area, forgive me to native Maine people. I did bring up that someone said that poor people only used to eat lobster. He said that was correct. However, McNally got it wrong. It was a pest food because there was so much of it during the Native American times up until the Civil War. It was until transportation became fluent that lobster became over trapped that it became a delicacy. This seems to be all dated around the early 1900's. He said it was doubtful that anyone, even fisherman were eating lobster when poor for at least the last couple generations. I did some research on the web because it made me curious, and it lines up.

BrianAlt 08-09-2012 08:24 PM

Lobster was never poor people. It was known as a "peasant food". There's a difference. Semantics for sure, but it was the food that was available.

Kimberly 08-09-2012 08:35 PM

I guess we have to remember how wasted he was. Last time I did Jaeger shots I did some shameful shit. Nobody needs to be judged solely by their behavior with Jaeger shots in em.

dannyhatch 08-09-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly (Post 729388)
I guess we have to remember how wasted he was. Last time I did Jaeger shots I did some shameful shit. Nobody needs to be judged solely by their behavior with Jaeger shots in em.

Do you want to share your story on my new show "I Have a Name Too, You Guys, Hey Where Are You Going, Come On"?

Kimberly 08-09-2012 09:32 PM

I will consider it seriously over a bucket of Jaeger.

dannyhatch 08-09-2012 09:37 PM

BYOB, baby. (For you it stands for bucket, you piece of garbage.)

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that.