Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   My Name Is Keith (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   3: The Pit (Our Name Is Keith) Part I (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/3-pit-our-name-keith-part-i-17197/)

tempfoot 08-15-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotticus (Post 729050)
Yeah, so I spent an evening doing this. Chirbit - McNally knows what it's like

I was struck by how many times he said the phrase "know what it's like"

Just ACES.

tempfoot 08-15-2012 05:14 PM

Just an awesome episode...rolling through part 2 now.

I've always liked McNally - and still do after this episode. I sent him dough when his shit burned up and would probably do it again - but holy balls....

Yes - there was clearly a lot of alcohol involved, and I understand the magnified emotions, but also in vino veritas. Seems like McNally got raw and showed us his internal struggles justifying his vagabond beatnik mooch lifestyle. Somehow it's OK for him to sponge a grand off of mom as an adult because he somehow 'knows what it's like to be poor'. Not just poor but really really poor. Huh?

Probably unfair to bust balls for drunk logic, but it was very entertaining to listen to all the superlatives...McNally's mom was from the POOREST place in North America... I'm sure the folks in Appalachia, Mexico, Guatemala Honduras and HAITI are glad to know that. McNally's brother is the WORST drug addict and so on.

Ultimately, I guess I like that McNally actually says out loud some of the wounded child shit I used to think (I grew up really poor...in a desert) but grew out of at about age 20. I never asked for or got a penny from my family - not that they had it - and I don't need to apologize for being well beyond comfortable now. It's amazing what can happen when you leverage that navel-gazing into the energy to actually work hard. A couple of clowns in NY built something incredible from nothing in their extra bedroom.....

Even so - I bet McNally would still be a smart and cool guy to hang out with.

VIP....so worth it.

jjamis 08-16-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tempfoot (Post 730403)
Just an awesome episode...rolling through part 2 now.

I've always liked McNally - and still do after this episode. I sent him dough when his shit burned up and would probably do it again - but holy balls....

After listening to it do you wonder if he set the fire himself while drunk?

tempfoot 08-16-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjamis (Post 730522)
After listening to it do you wonder if he set the fire himself while drunk?

No - the tears would have extinguished the flames.

Hug-EY 08-23-2012 10:46 PM

Keith McNally is a self-pitying, privileged crybaby- Fuck him.

Stalio 08-31-2012 06:44 PM

I'm just listening to the show now.

I'm a Canadian recovering addict/alcoholic that grew up being fed and clothed with donations at times in my life.

Keith McNally comes off as a self centered egotistical asshole who has gotten real fucking comfortable in the perpetual victim role in life.

BrianAlt 09-01-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stalio (Post 732266)
Keith McNally comes off as a self centered egotistical asshole who has gotten real fucking comfortable in the perpetual victim role in life.

He does, however that's a real problem for him and one that needs to be fixed. He's got shit going on in his life just like you did and probably still do.

picard102 09-01-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stalio (Post 732266)

Says an addict/alcoholic. :rolleyes:

LilMissF-U-UP 09-06-2012 10:45 AM

I'm a little behind on KATG episodes and I'm just getting to where they're talking about this episode. Hour and a half into part 1 and so far I'm not seeing where people are feeling sympathy for McNally.

All I'm getting is that he's one of those people who wants everyone to commiserate with him, no questions asked. I understand he's had rough times, but he HAS to have the saddest story. Nobody else's hard times matter because his were the absolute worst in history. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. His parents loved him the most (WTF was that at 01:24:07 where he's telling Kyle that Kyle's parents weren't as invested as his were?). Basically, he knows everything about everyone and none of our lives compare to his in any way so screw anyone for trying to comfort/understand him, much less have their own stories to tell.

So far I'm hearing him lash out and belittle everyone around him, as well as people who aren't there to defend themselves. (Brolo) And the bad thing about it is he claims he's the most socially aware human ever so he chooses to do this. Yet apparently he can't take the resulting backlash (? or is it just notoriety that this show has brought him? Again- behind on KATG) and runs away.

I'm sorry for Keith and Chemda that this put them in an awkward situation with their DVD editor leaving so suddenly, but McNally, man up. Your friends take your verbal abuse and intentional insensitivity WITH SMILES so why can't you take the natural reaction that your actions bring about?

BrianAlt 09-06-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMissF-U-UP (Post 732839)
Nobody else's hard times matter because his were the absolute worst in history.

How'd you figure that one out?

Oh, was it the 18 times he said it in this episode alone?