Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree36Likes

Old 08-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I really like McNally, I think he's a kind, funny soul. I've enjoyed every interaction I've had with the guy. Also, we don't often get to hear somebody's therapy session recorded... if even half the crazy shit I said while drunk and aggravated got recorded and scrutinized I'd probably be unemployed or in jail.

Moving on, I think Canadians are huge pussies. There is no document anywhere that says that Canada has to be little and subservient to America. It is that way because it chose that path. There are a lot of countries right now who are doing their best to shove our American pride up our American asses, and some are doing a pretty good job of it (Canada included), but Canada still feels like a bitch. It's not America's fault that Canada feels like a bitch. It's Canada's fault. Canadians possess the same amount of national pride (per capita) as Americans (they re-brand every American business that operates there with a fucking maple leaf), yet they still have a chip on their shoulder. On top of all of that, they're wealthier than us. Even with all of that, they STILL have huge chips on their shoulders, and I'm not just talking about Keith... I've heard these sentiments expressed over and over by Canadians. Maybe adopt a little smug pride and swagger around what you do have (healthcare, Pamela Anderson, curling, etc.), see where it gets you, and quit your bitching. If you don't like the world, you have every ability to change it. We all do. We're all bags of flesh that die in the end, so get to it.

In this life you can do the shitting or get shit on, and while we aren't all given the gifts that allow us to be shitters, most people take the easy way out and get shit on. I feel Canada has decided it wants to be the bottom in this international scat party, simply because it doesn't know that all it has to do is say "it's my turn to poop". Either shit or get off our chests.
Upstate likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Amid all the anger and vitriol McNally had a point which is summarized by the emperor has no clothes story. Many of you don't understand or disagree with his point but as someone who agrees and understands I can understand why its frustrating that people don't see stuff the same way. Instead they keep telling you that it doesn't matter and they don't care and don't understand why you care. They reduce human history to dog eat dog, good vs evil strong vs weak and ignore the injustice, torture and ignorance which might have put them on top. (also the fact that their "civilization" will collapse)

The socioeconomic machine (not just America) is actually destroying almost everything valuable in the world. Perhaps you understand this and realize that nothing can be done to stop it (which is my stance btw) and that's why you don't care but to be honest for all McNally's human faults I wish more people were yelling about it instead of passively standing by.

Its the ultimate irony that all the people who can see the emperors nakedness are reviled and ignored for their privilege.

On a side note considering all the shit I did to my brothers growing up I am very grateful and lucky that they both turned out totally fine otherwise I would have blamed myself to.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #23 (permalink)

This show is like Keith Malley tied McNally to a fire ant mound, watched him get bit by a thousand fire ants, and then cradled his head and crooned him to sleep afterwards. But McNally called the fire ant mound an evil imperialist pigdog beforehand, so he deserved it.

Pat psychological diagnosis from an untrained ear follows.

McNally's problems deal with his mother's simultaneous rejection and support. She rejects him on a daily basis by not enabling him to have much to do with the care of his brother in the old family home - admittedly he probably can't do anything anyway, but to him it would feel like rejection in an emotional sense, even if he understands the logic of it. She continues to support him by propping up of his lifestyle outside the home with cash.

McNally strongly identifies with his mother, leading to unjustifiably personal guilt trips about how hard his mother had it in olden times - and how hard she has it now in dealing with his brother. McNally feels guilt on both fronts: guilt for not helping out with his brother and guilt for receiving monthly cash handouts. And the latter feeds into the former in a vicious cycle, because his mother pays him to continue his lifestyle outside the family home, thus leaving her open to her brother's behaviour.

His mother may not realise this is a problem, or may have pointed out the solution and is waiting for him to come to the realisation himself, because this is a step he has to take himself like an adult would, and leading him down it would defeat the point.

The pathway is for McNally to realise that:
(a) his mother loves him unconditionally, unrelated to anything that has happened with or to his brother;
(b) his mother wants him to live his own life and be happy creating his own destiny, unrelated to anything that has happened with or to his brother;
(c) crying and worrying over her is precisely what his mother would not want him to do, and in fact destroys the whole reason for her funding his lifestyle outside the family home.

Now, (c) would probably also be eating at McNally, because he's not dumb, he realises all this shit anyway, but the fact that he is still stuck at (c) with the crying and worrying leads to another vicious cycle of crying and worrying about his own crying and worrying, one that he hasn't broken out of yet, so he continues to feel sorry for her and by extension himself. He becomes the World's Most Pitiful Victim, and thus deserving of one thousand dollars per month.

I have been in such vicious cycles before. Most people have, to a lesser or greater extent. Pissing matches about whose cycle is more vicious is only a symptom of the cycle itself, not part of the solution.

The final part of the solution is:
(d) find something that he really wants to do in life that will make his mother and everyone else around him proud and happy for him. And fuck that shit right in the pussy.

In other words, take that cycle shit and make it virtuous. If your personality is prone to repeated behaviour patterns and OCD, as it is for so many of us, turn it to your advantage. Virtuous cycles are what happens when you do this shit right.

How do you do that? That can only come from within you, ultimately. Support from friends and fellow travellers (e.g. Al-Anon) is great, don't get me wrong, and in the place McNally is at right now, that will be crucial. When it comes down to it, after you've had the worst habits knocked out of you by your support groups, it comes from within you. That's the last part of growing up.

I am on the other side of that one, myself. I was in some dark places and hurt some good people, family and friends. I was brought up Catholic, I had penance to do. McNally has done more than enough of that. When you've figured out what it is that is going to fuel your virtuous cycles, then you can fuck some shit UP. You are unstoppable. It's the strongest tool you can wield in your life. You become whatever it is you were going to be, and you wonder how you lived before.

I hope you get there, McNally. Cos right now, you're a bit of a dickhead.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Your psychoanalysis might be 100% correct.

However, Internet psychoanalysis is not helpful and could actually be hurtful. McNally needs to figure this out for himself and likely with a professional or at least a formal group setting.

Let's give the guy a chance to figure this shit out.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Your psychoanalysis might be 100% correct.

However, Internet psychoanalysis is not helpful and could actually be hurtful. McNally needs to figure this out for himself and likely with a professional or at least a formal group setting.

Let's give the guy a chance to figure this shit out.
I'm just some random douchebag from the Internet, sure. Of course this is not the right environment. But is podcast psychoanalysis any better? I hope McNally listens to someone, even if it's not Keith Malley, to get himself that help.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nty View Post
He becomes the World's Most Pitiful Victim, and thus deserving of one thousand dollars per month.
This should be the show synopsis...
Old 08-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

I don't know what McNally is holding on to here. Help was offered and even though he agreed, he seems reluctant, distant, and has already taken a position. He is assuming that his brother is the worst addict amongst the living which makes me wonder has he ever watched an episode of "Intervention". I thought in this episode the climate would change a little, but even more gasoline was poured on the fire. No matter the topic it appears he is an expert in wisdom, and has either tasted the best, or lived the worst. True, alcohol makes us all loose at the mouth and emotions pour faster than the next glass. However, these thoughts were implanted before hand basing by his Twitter messages. I honestly thought before he was just trolling, and getting a rise out of people with the bullshit he was posting. I honestly don't understand how he has this generalistic view of a nation that his own friends don't fit, yet ironically if he was American he would fit.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotticus View Post

Moving on, I think Canadians are huge pussies.
Now you're no better than McNally making generalizations about Americans.

Good job!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthewhite View Post
Now you're no better than McNally making generalizations about Americans.

Good job!
Fair critique. I should have said "many Canadians".

My deepest apologies go out to any non-pussy Canadians that may have read my insensitive and over-inclusive drunken ramblings. To those of you that are in denial about being pussies and think this apology is for you, I just want you to know that it's not, but if it makes you feel better then fuck it. Take it in. Enjoy. Pussy or not, I hope you have a happy life.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotticus View Post
Fair critique. I should have said "many Canadians".
No, you had it right.

FUCK ALL CANADIANS EVER!!

WOOO HI-FIVE, buddy!
Scumhook likes this.