Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   My Name Is Keith (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   4: The Pit (Our Name Is Keith) Part II (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/4-pit-our-name-keith-part-ii-17207/)

K5858 08-21-2012 07:33 PM

This episode was amazing and infuriating all at the same time

This show showed me a different side of Keith. My first thought when he mentioned going to Al-anon and not talking about it on the show was "well its anonymous you aren't supposed to talk about it anyway. Then I remembered that I was talking about Keith and he would do whatever the fuck he wanted anyway...so for him to say that was huge.

McNally's parents are just enabling his brother. By saying "go ahead, do all the drugs you want, we will have a pillow and a hot meal waiting for you when you wake out of your drug coma." that's not going to help him. At the same time, Mcnally talks like his brother is already dead. He makes it seem like nobody in his family has any faith in his brother. No it's not easy to be supportive of someone with an addition problem, but you think he doesn't know you have all given up on him? That has an effect on him.

As far as Keith feeling like its his fault because he spent so much time with his brother...that is crap. You don't control others actions. The number one thing you learn in Al-Anon (not that he will go) is
YOU DIDN'T CAUSE IT
YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT
YOU CAN'T CURE IT
Those are things only his brother can do. No action you take of don't take is going to cause him to do drugs. He made that choice for himself.

This episode made me join the forums after listening to Keith and the Girl for years. When McNally went into how his brother is the worst and nobody understands because nobody is worse than his brother yada yada yada, I had to control my anger while sitting at my desk at work. My loved one is an alcoholic, and no he is not the worst case scenario, I know that. However I have also gone to Al-Anon and seen and heard what other people go through. Get over the self pitty act and realize that EVERYONE has hard times and nobodies life is a field of roses. You cant take on the problems of your mom growing up poor, you can't take on your brothers drug addiction. You cant even see that you have to amazing friends that were sitting next to your during that show that wanted to help you because they care.

McNally needs to do himself a favor and go to Al-anon and get some serious therapy.

"Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

Brad 08-21-2012 07:42 PM

McNally is a douche, it's very sad.

"YOU DON'T KNOW POOR LIKE I DO"

"YOUR BROTHER WASN'T AS ADDICTED AS MY BROTHER"

Just shut the fuck up, man. You don't have everything figured out.

Brad 08-21-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K5858 (Post 730981)
"Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato

Fuck you, welcome to the forums, suck my dick, etc.

dEadERest 08-21-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 730983)

:D

K5858 08-21-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad (Post 730983)

Back at you, thanks, and in my part of the world it isn't Wednesday.

McNally 08-22-2012 12:38 AM

I've been talking to a lot of people individually, but I thought I should post something for the folks who didn't message me directly. You guys really gave me a beating on here, but I know I deserved it. The total blowhard version of McNally on these episodes -- Holy shit, man. I wouldn't like that guy either.

So thanks to everyone who gave me the benefit of the doubt, and to those who didn't, I don't hold it against you. Hearing myself on these shows, I actually reminded myself of my brother. Angry, loud, impossible to deal with, just causing shit to everyone who's trying to help him. I ain't proud of it, and I'm gonna try really hard to make things better in the future. Sorry I had to assault all your ears before I could hit bottom, but I think some good will come of it.

The poorest, most tragic soul these parts have ever seen, so much so that you could never, ever understand it,

McNally

McNally 08-22-2012 12:40 AM

Jesus christ, look at that avatar. Latta always sees the truth. And that was from years ago. That dude is good.

ssgtballard 08-22-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNally (Post 731000)
I've been talking to a lot of people individually, but I thought I should post something for the folks who didn't message me directly. You guys really gave me a beating on here, but I know I deserved it. The total blowhard version of McNally on these episodes -- Holy shit, man. I wouldn't like that guy either.

So thanks to everyone who gave me the benefit of the doubt, and to those who didn't, I don't hold it against you. Hearing myself on these shows, I actually reminded myself of my brother. Angry, loud, impossible to deal with, just causing shit to everyone who's trying to help him. I ain't proud of it, and I'm gonna try really hard to make things better in the future. Sorry I had to assault all your ears before I could hit bottom, but I think some good will come of it.

The poorest, most tragic soul these parts have ever seen, so much so that you could never, ever understand it,

McNally

Apology accepted but I think everything would have been better if you had gone on the show instead of running away. You've owned up on the forums now but you should have come on the show and finished filming.

BrianAlt 08-22-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNally (Post 731001)
Jesus christ, look at that avatar. Latta always sees the truth. And that was from years ago. That dude is good.

Funny, but I was thinking the same thing a few days ago.

dEadERest 08-22-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNally (Post 731000)
so much so that you could never, ever understand it,

see? like that.:(

Me_aint_ignant 08-24-2012 12:42 AM

I really felt for McNally in this episode. It made me tear up when he remembered old times with his brother and how his brother is gone from him. That is pure hurt and it is obvious that this fuels a lot of his issues. I feel for him and hope he gets his brother to rehab with his mothers help. Work together to solve this problem and try and save your brother.

Tryclopss 09-02-2012 03:26 PM

Canadian Card Rovoked McNaley

OMGoodness!!!

I HATE to clean but I must say My Name is Keith is the antidote for my domestic time now. I managed to make chicken salad, egg salad and clean my kitchen from top to the bottom while listening to both parts.

Canada is not small, sure population wise but don't make it out to be like here up north we're all envious of USA.

On a more lighter note, I feel you about your brother, I know my husband struggled with his sister but the best thing he did is move on with leading his own life. Eventually all the preaching sunk in and it took for her to change her environment let alone leave the city where her son is located to start the healing. She watch our kids for a year and the kids occupied her so much that in a way they became therapy for her not to fall back on drugs Plus she is part of one of the best rehab program here in Montreal. We are super proud of her today and I pray, hope for you to move forward and for your brother to find a light bulb in starting some kind of recovery.

Keith LOVE the show I am hooked! And look forward to the next show in order to clean our kids room cause it is a hot mess.

shoebootie 09-05-2012 09:17 PM

These two MNIK shows were the hardest to listen to. McNally could on one hand make you feel sorry for the sadness in his life, the addiction and poverty in his family. In the next breath, his complete lack of empathy for anyone else (a la "fuck brolo's brother") broke any kindred feelings there might have been.

His mother grew up poor and he is doing a disservice to her hard work by not making something out of himself. He has the resources and the talent.

His whole family is poor, so so poor, somehow this is twisted to him having an appreciation for the handouts he takes monthly from his mother?

Maybe he could assuage some guilt he surely feels inside if instead of him taking money from someone every month, he could give that money to the people in his family who really need it?

It just made me so mad to listen to... nobody in the history of ever knows how hard it is for him, no one could possibly know the terrors of having an addict in the family like him. He has the worst of everything, no one else could possibly know suffering. It's not a misery-off!

There was so much sadness to listen to, and I think that if McNally felt better about who he was in life by being a productive member of society, he might exorcise some of these demons inside him.

Where do I sign up for the Buy Kyle a Reuben fund?

picard102 09-05-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 732763)
I think that if McNally felt better about who he was in life by being a productive member of society, he might exorcise some of these demons inside him.

How does that make sense? How many people do you know that are happy they have to work?

shoebootie 09-05-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picard102 (Post 732765)
How does that make sense? How many people do you know that are happy they have to work?

Not many people are happy that they "have" to work, but being able to provide for oneself, living your own life and being productive lends itself to a general sense of pride.

LilMissF-U-UP 09-06-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 732766)
Not many people are happy that they "have" to work, but being able to provide for oneself, living your own life and being productive lends itself to a general sense of pride.

I agree. He seems extremely proud that his mother was able to escape her circumstances and become able to support herself. If he accomplished the same, he might be able to let go of some of the guilt that's haunting him. (It's odd that he feels so much pain over her upbringing but not his own.)

I came back online to vent about part two of this episode, but I see that McNally already posted that he can see why he's not so loveable anymore. No point in fussing at/about someone when they already acknowledged they were wrong. :)

What I do have to say is that I'm at 51:50 of part two and I am sooo impressed at how Keith is handling McNally with such a level head. He's not getting sucked into the yelling and baiting- you can tell he's truly concerned for his friend and truly wants to help. As eye-opening an episode this was regarding McNally, I'm seeing an interesting side of Keith as well. Not that the compassion and sensitivity weren't already there. Maybe it's just that without Chemda, he was forced to be the voice of reason?

angiethestrange 10-06-2012 05:38 AM

I am totally late to the game ... but McNally is infuriating!

I was gonna write something but, there is just too much to process. I have bullet points:
a) stop crying about crying
b) being really poor is not a prize, stop bragging. There are worse things than missing pizza day at school, and jeans.
c) Canada is *not* tiny, and on average the household income is higher than the USA.
e) Why does he keep saying "OMG MY MOM HAD TO DO CRAZY POOR SHIT!!/MY BROTHER HAS DONE UNBELIEVEABLE THINGS!!" but never says what they are? Makes me think that maybe, he knows they aren't actually that impressively terrible.

that's all.

ImStillToni 11-07-2012 09:35 PM

Stop yer bitching!!

These two episodes alone are making me pop my forum cherry (and what made me finally get VIP).

Firstly, I wanted to cry for and then beat McNally. Severely. But I recognize when a person is in any type of denial, common sense and logic slip thru the cracks. All I will say is I'm GLAD this fucker hauled ass back home (esp after "fuck Brolo's brother") and hope he can work thru his shit properly.

Secondly, my love for Keith grew exponentially after these two shows. Keith already had me due to his bromance with Brolo, but the kindness and true concern over McNally touched me. Nothing is hotter than an asshole with an occasional heart of gold....who hates wearing sleeves.

Thirdly, as far as a rich or poor perspective, our (all Americans, some Americans, just me, who knows!) worldview is often limited. While I am not dismissing Mcnalley's drunken rants as being incorrect or inacurrate, after being in a 3rd world country I can say North America is RICH so let's all STFU and do some SHOTS. Especially you, Canada...what's that a-boot?

PS who the hell never heard of Al-Anon before?!?!? Is it more of an American thing and possibly called something else outside the US? How has McNalley never seen Intervention?! I know teenagers who know what Al-anon is, that's just sad imo

andyoureuglytoo 03-12-2013 01:16 AM

Apparently, I only joined VIP to be pissed off. Between this episode and WMN "Godless" I've been shitting a brick to post on the forums.

When McNally started this podcast, he made (some amount of) sense. But into part two, he lost all lucidity.

It's true! He argued with almost everything Keith said, but agreed with Kyle when he said the same thing. It's like McNally is still caught in his early twenties...

I understand why he decided to go back to Canada.

KATG isn't the same show it was "back in the day." Sometimes, I wish it still had that DIY feel. They've gotten so professional... However, I'm incredibly proud of how far Keith and Chemda have come.

It really has been a privilege to watch them grow over the years. It's like watching a good relationship evolve. Chemda and Keith aren't the same people who started the journey of "KATG" but that's only for the better.

Kyle (TJ...dogboy) once made me a card. It said, "Some things get worse with age..." and had a picture of an apple core, a bag of trash and a dirty diaper. Then it said, "Some things get better with age..." and had a picture of wine, cheese, the KATG logo and then said "Our relationship. Happy anniversary!"

He's right.

And it was an absolute pleasure to celebrate 8 years of KATG last week. I only hope I get to spend another 8 years growing with Keith and Chemda.

But my point was that McNally, in life, hasn't shown the ability to evolve. So it makes sense that he wasn't able to evolve with the show.

Another one bites the dust...

UPDATE: I just had to tape together my smart phone because I can't afford another one. NO ONE HAS HAD IT WORSE! NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. (Even though my brother is a drug addict and I was the one who encouraged him because I thought he was "cooler" when he was high and now he's addicted.) (Oops.)

Scumhook 07-06-2013 11:14 PM

What a little fucking bitch McNally is.

I'm a relative noob, so I don't have the context & history many of you guys do, but fuck me that was painful.

Reminded me of the old joke
Q: How many Vietnam Vets does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: YOU WEREN'T THERE MAAAAANNNNN, YOU WEREN'T FUCKING THERE!!!!!!

And fuck anyone who goes on an interview show with the attitude of "fuck the host".

What a cunt.

Fuck him.

mattkiwiwatt 08-06-2013 06:22 PM

Better late than never

....new VIP member, I signed up and went straight to this show

I know I'm really late to the party but brosif what a dick (McNally).

Have a feeling that he masterbates to himself.....

tempfoot 09-27-2013 10:20 AM

I’m Just A Free Spirit Who Is Entirely Financially Dependent On Others

HeyAnne 10-02-2013 10:01 PM

Just listened to this again today - thank you VIP. McNally should be in an abusive relationship with three kids trying to figure out how you can afford to get out of it - for your kids sakes.

Everyone has their own issues and I can respect that - to think and to exclaim with such authority that your situation is the ultimate worst is not only delusional but also very egotistical.

My situation is bad but getting better but I would never think that no one else knows worse.

lizzy1e 10-03-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyAnne (Post 777224)
My situation is bad but getting better but I would never think that no one else knows worse.

Because you know how to put things into perspective and aren't an egomaniac. I sincerely hope you will find a way to change your situation for the better very quickly.

HeyAnne 10-03-2013 06:47 PM

Thank you Lizzy. I am separated from him now and have custody of our 3 children - now working and feeling very productive and positive about the future. I will have a hard time getting over the hard and lean times when my Mom saved us by taking us to the grocery store and horde cans of tuna fish when they go on sale - but would never think we ever had it the worse in the whole entire world.

Scumhook 10-03-2013 06:55 PM

That's a great attitude Anne. As you say, things could have always been worse. With just the change of a couple of letters, your life could have been very different:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyAnne (Post 777478)
Mom saved us by taking us to the grocery store and whored us for cans of tuna fish

Suddenly I feel like a tuna melt.

And an underage girl.

HeyAnne 10-03-2013 07:22 PM

Oh my! Now that quote is on the internet with my username.

Is that the worse quote in the world?

Scumhook 10-03-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyAnne (Post 777488)
Oh my! Now that quote is on the internet with my username.

Is that the worse quote in the world?

Not even in the top 1000 worst quotes :D

DJQuad 10-03-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattkiwiwatt (Post 756121)
....new VIP member, I signed up and went straight to this show

I know I'm really late to the party but brosif what a dick (McNally).

Have a feeling that he masterbates to himself.....

Isn't it cool to jump on the bandwagon of hate because KATG said so.

Sure he's a fucking entitled idiot mama's boy who not only took advantage of KATG but continues to take advantage of his own family by his allowance, but...

The hate bandwagon is pathetic. It's between KATG and him, even when it seems like entertainment.

If KATG praised him you'd be singing his praises too.

Don't be a sheep. Like Sparrow said, and she was completely right, it's a sundae for us to hear it. That entertainment is between them though. The ones that seem to hate him now only do so because Keith hates him. If he did a great job on the next DVD you sheep would be praising him.

HeyAnne 10-03-2013 10:09 PM

Not even breaking the under 1,000 worse quotes? I can live with that. My kids will google me someday. At least they are not seeing what Miley's kids will see eventually or even Hitler's. Am I right??

Quad, I met him in real life. I heard him on the show, I am grown enough and had have enough personal interaction to realize how insane he is being.

I swear no matter what message board you go to - if you agree with the owners of the site, you are a sheep. Can't we just have the same opinion??

Scumhook 10-03-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyAnne (Post 777563)
I despise my children with a black hell-spawned hatred, and rue the day I ever let their father impregnate me. I lie awake at night, staring at the ceiling, and pray to the dark gods for them to be dead when I wake up. I feel that this does not make me a bad mother though, just a human one. Am I right??

Yes Anne, you are right.

And now you're in the top 1000 :D

HeyAnne 10-03-2013 11:56 PM

Oh Scumhook!

Please don't cut and paste my private messages.

lizzy1e 10-05-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJQuad (Post 777509)
If KATG praised him you'd be singing his praises too.

Baaaah. KATG was singing his praises for ages and I certainly wasn't, but I do realise he is human and you are right, we can't really keep harping on it forever. It's not fair. No more McNally bashing from me.

Do I pass this "test"?

Scumhook 10-05-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzy1e (Post 778083)
It's not fair. No more McNally bashing from me.

Do I pass this "test"?

The only test is the test of yoru consience.

If u like someone, then back them; if you don't like them, then fuckign give them shit.

From what I've heard on the podcasts, McNally is a whining little bitch, and should be subjected to abuse and ridicule until he recants.

So lizzie bby, how do you currnetly feel about KMcN?

lizzy1e 10-05-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scumhook (Post 778086)
The only test is the test of yoru consience.

If u like someone, then back them; if you don't like them, then fuckign give them shit.

From what I've heard on the podcasts, McNally is a whining little bitch, and should be subjected to abuse and ridicule until he recants.

So lizzie bby, how do you currnetly feel about KMcN?

I feel thrilled that I won't have to hear him say "I" a million times on air anymore.

DJQuad 10-05-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyAnne (Post 777563)
Quad, I met him in real life. I heard him on the show, I am grown enough and had have enough personal interaction to realize how insane he is being.

In that case, my condolences. :)

DJQuad 10-05-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzy1e (Post 778083)
Baaaah. KATG was singing his praises for ages and I certainly wasn't, but I do realise he is human and you are right, we can't really keep harping on it forever. It's not fair. No more McNally bashing from me.

It just gets old. If it weren't for KATG he'd be the same loser, just with less Twitter followers.

Seanmcn 10-23-2013 09:30 AM

Holy shit what a crazy episode! Listening to Keith and Kyle trying to explain what Al-anon is and how it would help him over and over was hilarious. On the other hand McNally seems like he has some problems that he should deal with!

His self entitledness really pissed me off though "nobody's had it as bad as me, waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" :rolleyes:

DJQuad 10-23-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanmcn (Post 782920)
Holy shit what a crazy episode! Listening to Keith and Kyle trying to explain what Al-anon is and how it would help him over and over was hilarious. On the other hand McNally seems like he has some problems that he should deal with!

His self entitledness really pissed me off though "nobody's had it as bad as me, waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh" :rolleyes:

lol you have a lot more to catch up on.. :D

Can you believe they didn't know I was recently trolling? Back when you were active on the forums they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes without getting their poor fragile feelings butthurt.

Seanmcn 10-24-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJQuad (Post 782968)
lol you have a lot more to catch up on.. :D

Can you believe they didn't know I was recently trolling? Back when you were active on the forums they wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes without getting their poor fragile feelings butthurt.

Huh? Who/how where you trolling?