Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

View Poll Results: Re: MNIK 43: The Collective: Whose beliefs do you more associate with?
Keith 13 44.83%
Chemda 6 20.69%
They both believe the same thing 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree41Likes

Old 12-29-2017, 06:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Now, when you typed that, would you say that you affected the keys on the keyboard in NO way, shape, or form WHATSOEVER, or would you say that you did make at least SOME kind of difference?
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Well I'd consider myself fully atheist but I do turn my dice to 'train' them to roll what I want.
#vibrations #criticalhit #nerdalert
Scorpion and Jmsmittyroad like this.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Man, we worked very hard for over an hour to not understand agnostic. I think I knew we were heading for an episode like this when I heard Chemda talking about the singing at the Hare Krishna center.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Keith's right "your not religious your spiritual". It's the weed talking I've seen it all before, start eating Ital so it lines up with the hippie vitamins.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ital

Jah Selassie I peace and blessings..
Scorpion likes this.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsmittyroad View Post
Man, we worked very hard for over an hour to not understand agnostic. I think I knew we were heading for an episode like this when I heard Chemda talking about the singing at the Hare Krishna center.
And with you being so sure, you're wrong, because she doesn't question the existence of a god. She knows there isn't one.

"But what if a lamp is my god?"

That's fine. It just means you don't know what words are.
Jmsmittyroad likes this.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I half get what Chemda is saying. We're all just energy and matter that came from the Big Bang. I like that everyone is connected like that and when we die we'll become something else (it makes me feel better about all the crappy decisions I've made in my life because I'll get another go soon enough). But I don't get the joint consciousness thing, I started getting lost there. I'm glad Keith mentioned spiritual because that's how I feel, but it can sound goofy to say. I just want to be one with the earth!
Apia likes this.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I think there are people who definitely don't believe everyone effects each other and the "universe." Everyone who denys climate change, super religious people who think only God punishes or grants blessings and so people of other religions are going to hell and are full of hate. There's the difference between religion and spirituality. Just believing in the end result and the rules and not in actually helping each other here in the present because God's love is enough.

Chemda is a total hippie and has been for a while. I don't think that's a bad word. hippies are just as made fun of as atheist from other outside groups. While hippie invokes the image of a flower prancing silly person, atheist involves a fat white dude in a fedora leaving shitty comments on any religious content online.

Spiritual Atheist is the perfect word for her. The idea that We are God is not new and the mind over matter idea of kinda literally putting out what we get and see in the world.

Chemda never said she believes in elf powder. Keith has too much left over Catholic rigidity in him to allow himself to be in this space. Even after repeatedly saying he believes in spirituality and connected energies (IE affecting people in ways that are unseen and not immediately apparent) he has to make fun of it cuz it's too wishy washy and gray.

So at the end you're saying the same thing. And Keith is a prick. And I'm into it
jcro21 and Apia like this.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Miosio,

Very true.

I think I need to go back and visit the spaces that talked about vibrations that resonated with me.

I agree with you. I want to look at this other thing for a minute and see if there’s something to it. What if both are true? ...
INCEPTION!
Old 01-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

With all things just apply achems razor to it. Also look into logical fallacies. It's a lifetime struggle for me. Loved this episode.
The Girl and kevinquinn like this.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think that god is just the collection of shared consciousness. I dont think it would be possible we would have a concept of that as a species if we didnt have speech or written language. Its the buildup of communication and shared ideas over a space of time. People can experience the same kind of feelings through a football club, or even (to a lesser extent but still the same idea) the same people you see at the bus stop each morning, or the ritual of walking your dog. People make waaaaay to much fuss over things, jeez wouldnt it be nice if we were all just goldfish.
kevinquinn likes this.