Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   My Name Is Keith (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/)
-   -   6: The Hound (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f27/6-hound-17328/)

Keith 10-03-2012 06:10 PM

6: The Hound

We now know about The Fox. Who is The Hound?

dannyhatch 10-03-2012 06:47 PM

WAIT A MINUTE WHAT THE HOLY MOTHER FUCK IS THIS?!?! TOO BAD I WON'T GET TO LISTEN TO IT BECAUSE MY FUCKING HEAD JUST EXPLODED HOLY FUCK!

What a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to listen.

BrianAlt 10-03-2012 07:16 PM

Earl Dukes 10-03-2012 11:32 PM

I had to listen to the first few seconds just to make sure I wasn't wrong. The intro threw me off cause I was so expecting Myka but heard Danny. Five minutes in, and I gotta say it's awesome. Keith is the best interviewer ever in the history of KATG spin-offs. Man, if you didn't have everybody going with the first episode. It looked like the nay-sayers were upset that she wasn't her typical self. It was like she was in this weird nether-void between the Myka she presents to the world and the Myka deep down inside. She was telling the truth but not exactly revealing the heavy, bad-to-the-bone shit. It was something we don't ever see from her, so it came off as false despite her honesty. Now, we know the truth behind the truth. Well, I assume we know the truth behind the truth. I'm only 5 minutes in, but I'm speaking for my future self. Way to keep it real Keith. Chemda is silver medal status at the moment, but I'm sure her waiter series will be just as good.

Edit: I should give props to Myka for keeping it real as well. These are those props.

NoArmsJames 10-04-2012 01:41 AM

This and the previous show with Myka are the two best so far. If I ever need a therapist I'm calling Keith.

Bucho 10-04-2012 05:30 AM

This one was bittersweet. It started with so much hope for Myka's soul and with Keith triumphant in his work but ended with Myka pretty much dismissing him and leaving us with the feeling that any progress she might have made was being shovelled down the garbage chute.

Those first 25 minutes or so before the SHOTS! hit their marks are pretty damn magnificent though.

Enunciated Piffle 10-04-2012 09:22 AM

The Myka Fox Mask...shattered?

This...this is why I'm a paid subscriber to KatG. What a delicious surprise. I'm only a few minutes in and Keith hits Myka with the nitty grit - type questioning thats on a fucked up, ultra-honest, uncomfortable, super interesting level. Apologies to MNIK and verbal hand-jobs all around.

Enunciated Piffle 10-04-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoArmsJames (Post 735128)
If I ever need a therapist I'm calling Keith.

Amen. It's like the man can look directly into a person's soul, almost immediately, just in an instant. Notice that when Keith NAILS the utter truth, in a simple question...there's a pause. Out of all these shows, there is not one instance of the interview-ee laughing and just being like, "Oh, Keith - your WAY off!" It's always...a pause. Like he hit 'em w/ a Goddamn frying pan O TRUTH! Heavy. Heavier than lead. THE Heaviest. MNIK questions make make Marc Maron's look frivolous and sound like 'How's the weather?"

Earl Dukes 10-04-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 735149)
MNIK questions make make Marc Maron's look frivolous and sound like 'How's the weather?"

That's true, but they're coming from different perspectives. They're both as good in their own right. Marc is usually trying to learn about his guests and reveal some nugget of information. He doesn't know his guests as personally as Keith does, or at least his audience doesn't. We've heard Myka as well as Keith's feelings about Myka many times before, so there is room to squeeze through to the deep stuff. Also, Marc's guests aren't drunk, lol. They wouldn't respond as well to deep questions because they aren't as close to the host and they aren't as drunk. Part one was Keith's best Marc Maron impression, and a lot of people were already raving about how great he was. Part two was the next-level shit that took a few years and a few beers to get to. I know it was Jäger, but beer rhymed. Comparing Keith to Marc is like Pokémon. It's like a level1 versus a level1 (Marc) and a level99 vs a level99 (Keith). It's the same level of difficulty. 99's are more epic, but you gotta put time into getting to that point.

Electric Squirrel 10-04-2012 10:22 AM

So we learnt that Myka is in her early 30s and is kinda dating a guy who lives with his mother and is moving to LA.... interesting.

Great show, keep on keepin' it real on the Keith show.

Lanfear 10-04-2012 11:04 AM

Oh wow 15 minutes in I was getting ready to start crying any minute right along Myka as she sounded so vulnerable and open. I feels like the two really connected and this was the stuff that I felt was missing a little in episode 1.

Amazing job both of you and I hope Myka feels better about herself now because she is gorgeous and deserves all the love and respect!

Rufio 10-04-2012 07:04 PM

Part 3?

Earl Dukes 10-04-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufio (Post 735178)
Part 3?

When the new Danny show got posted, all I saw was the number 7, and I almost had a baby.

You're right, though. It does end abruptly. Either Keith is trying to keep us occupied and suspense-riddled on these two days without KATG, or he's trying to bump Danny from that "second most spin-off episodes" spot.

Rufio 10-04-2012 08:27 PM

Keith- Have you ever come home to loving arms Myka Fox?

Myka- I think so...

Shit gets real on the My Name is Keith show

LongJohn 10-05-2012 09:55 AM

Oh MAN! What an awesome show, the fake phonecall was my favorite part, Myka lowered her voice and it felt like I was really spying someone's romantic call.

MNIK wins it all!

BrianAlt 10-05-2012 01:50 PM

I watch documentaries at night to fall asleep also. Usually the Science channel or the Discovery channel.

fembotiful 10-06-2012 12:55 PM

Exposed and Cleansed - Totally Compelling

I have been listening for over a year now and have never posted on the forums. 'The Hound' is so amazing that I have to stop being shy and say thank you!

The perfect episode!

Listening in on such an intimate conversation while trying to shop for clothes was a crazy experience. I had to stop what I was doing to sit down and listen. At the end of the episode, I felt totally cleansed and relieved.

I have been in Myka's shoes. I started feeling so exposed on her behalf. She works so hard not to be vulnerable.

I used to do that. I tried not dating at all because I, like Myka, didn't have the best options available to me. But that turned into an accidental three years of being single and celibate. Finally, getting so bored and horny that I start dating guys who still make me cringe to this day. Ugh. Lets just say I broke up with one of them because he invited me to a Celine Dion concert. I thought to myself, "How did I get here? Am I dating gay guys now? Hey, come to think of it, didn't Myka used to joke about Myq's sexuality? Anyway...

Great job Keith and Myka! Totally compelling!

Listening in on such an intimate conversation while trying to shop for clothes was a crazy experience. I had to stop what I was doing to sit down and listen. At the end of the episode, I felt totally cleansed and relieved.

Thataboy 10-06-2012 01:48 PM

I don't post a lot on these forums, but I just have to say these Myka Fox episodes are fucking amazing.

Jessica332 10-08-2012 09:33 PM

Loved it!

Scumhook 07-07-2013 03:25 AM

Out of all the KATG's and the few MNIK's I've heard, this was the most raw, the most real, and the most fucking gripping.

Fucking well done Myka. Fucking well done Keith.

What Piffo said about Keith being the shit as an interviewer is true, given the right guest. Fucking hats off to Myka for opening herself up.

Juxtaposed against the previous Fox ep, this was the bitter coffee following a sweet, wonderful dessert.

Absolutely fucking magic.

lizzy1e 08-04-2013 04:09 PM

Loved this. Loved, loved, loved this. It really hits home, thanks for this one Myka - you're awesome. Great job, Keith.