Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   That's the Show with Danny (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   129: Flying Solo (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f29/129-flying-solo-19349/)

Michael's Servant 06-18-2015 11:00 AM

129: Flying Solo

Wow! Hello, Danny Boys, Girls, AFABs, AMABs, Captain Ahabs, and Moby Dicks! Now, THIS is an exciting show. Don’t believe me? Well maybe you’ll believe celebrity guest description writer Stephen Hawking. Take it away, sir!

“It’s the first-ever solo live Danny call-in show, a concept he was very much against at first, which he now regrets. Featuring calls from Rosa the babe neuroscientist (who is smarter than me, I’ll admit it!), Lauren ‘Use Code HENNY’ Hennessy, Grif the baby murderer, Danny’s mom and stepdad, Cindy the black hat hacker, and many more, this show is one for the record books. A virgin expedition into uncharted waters soundtracked by Danny’s charming mumbling and stumbling all over the place, That’s the What with Who? is an unqualified success. Oh no, I’m running low on batteri”

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

crazy4having3 06-18-2015 12:56 PM

Could your mom and step-dad be any cuter?! I think not. Two big thumbs up for your first solo show! I hope we get more in the future.

thirteen 06-18-2015 03:41 PM

1 minute in and I'm already dying (of amusement).

Enunciated Piffle 06-18-2015 03:59 PM

Finally! Let me tell you. This Danny Boy thought the day would never come! A TTSWD with some raw dog Danny. Live and uncut. With zero K or C adulterants. Good for you, sir. Well done.

Caller Cindy suggested you do this solo show once a month. I couldn't agree more. I think it's great you challenge yourself. You're really good off the cuff and riffing on callers. Some great calls too.

It's interesting when someone like Sparrow calls in, (someone you know) because it instantly put you at ease and smoothed the show out nicely. I hope you keep at this because for a first time run; damn near flawless.

I have to admit that I did miss Chemda's "That's the Show With Danny" intro. I don't know if that can be edited in or pre-recorded, but that's my only suggestion. As well as the monologue. But I dig the solo Danny. Solo = more Danny. I'm in.

GreeningOA 06-18-2015 09:53 PM

I was listening live and I sat down to dinner with headphones. My kids were yelling at me to stop listening but I was afraid Danny wasn't recording and that would be my only chance to hear the show.

-Scott

Dean from Australia 06-19-2015 07:35 AM

This show had a whole Kelsey Grammer vibe to it that I really dug. You should do more of it Danny.

Sparrow 06-19-2015 12:29 PM

yes those compilations. pleases and thank yous.

ghauck 06-19-2015 01:05 PM

Hells Bells, this was so funny.

The show felt like a SNL skit where the actors exaggerate nervousness and clumsy behaviour (like closing the record window instead of the skype window) but nope; Danny pulled that vibe off real time without rehearsal.

Each laugh I'd start to laugh harder picturing Keith sitting at home listening and giggling himself silly.

It reminded me of 'Home Alone' and Danny had the run of the studio - hilarity ensues.

FingerLakes 06-20-2015 09:12 PM

Easily the best ep I've listened to
Feel good about this Danny it was awesome!
Do you record these on the same day every week? I wanna call in next time you fly solo

ImStillToni 06-22-2015 11:49 AM

Dammit for now on I'm just going to stay in chat all day on Mondays so I stop missing the live shows. i would have finally popped my call-in cherry just for this.

OH WAIT WAIT - accolades first, as per show #128.

a Danny Boy here! Fabulous show! loved loved loved it. I adore your mother. Rosa rocks. it was nice to hear Sparrow. And Danny, you were awesome solo! I agree, once a month is a great idea. You continue to grown and hone your craft and I love it.

ok NOW, I will whine about the fact i missed it.

The Girl 06-22-2015 06:25 PM

129: Flying Solo

Toni,

First, fuck you.

Second, do you have an iPhone and if so get our app and turn on push notifications.

Third, fuck you.

Mattman 06-23-2015 12:05 AM

Good show Danny.

dannyhatch 06-23-2015 09:34 AM

Thank you very much everybody!!! I'll post the date and time of the next one in here, so start warming up your phones now.

Bucho 06-28-2015 10:30 PM

All the thumbs up for this episode Daniel. You are a joy to behold in all your forms, be that form attached securely to the attacking bosses or adrift on a sea of lonesome terror.