Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Sparrow
  • 2 Post By Rosa
  • 2 Post By Bucho

Old 06-25-2015, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

130: The Banana Chronicles

After last week's I Gotta Admit, That Was a Show Danny solo "bananza," (it will make sense in one second) things were bound to feel a bit different on today's follow-up, but luckily my new co-host A Banana I Found is a natural. 10/10 bananas.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

buttersluts unite

dannyhatch and Rosa like this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 06-25-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

You did great with the rents honey. My mother, while brilliant, doesn't score high on the social intelligence scale. She is definitely on the spectrum as they say. In fact my parents joke about making shirts for themselves that say "sorry" on the front and "I'm an Ass Burger" on the back. They know they lack in normal social graces and don't give a shit about formalities. That said, my Dad is and gets funny. I think Danny enjoyed hearing him joke about anal on the car ride down to the Cape. And I caught them playing off each other a fair bit during lunch with my aunt and uncle. Oh. And I never quite realized just how into puns my dad is. He's no Myq Kaplan, but there were way too many moments where he made a pun that I could have easily imagined Danny making. It was the first time I've ever had one of those "oh god, am I dating my dad?" moments. And then I remembered that my dad is George Clooney.

the fag talk came up because I cracked the same joke Chemda did when we walked by a bundle of sticks with my parents. I was yelling "faggot!" Rather loudly at one point and Danny pointed out after the fact that two old ladies were walking behind us. Zoops.

And finally. I call my place a condo because that is what it is. as Wikipedia states:
"A condominium, or condo, is the form of housing tenure and other real property where a specified part of a piece of real estate (usually of an apartment house) is individually owned. Use of land access to common facilities in the piece such as hallways, heating system, elevators, and exterior areas are executed under legal rights associated with the individual ownership. These rights are controlled by the association of owners that jointly represent ownership of the whole piece."

So it's a legal term. Our building has 12 condo units (apartments, for the non-legalese inclined) and we have a legally binding Condo document and Board that govern us. I happen to be a member of the board (secretary, former treasurer), which is a thankless job but somewhat worthwhile because the meetings always feel like a Christopher Guest film and I spend the whole time chuckling inside. I seriously want to secretly film the next one. The other trustees are all old, mostly retired, Cambridge hippies (some of whom were once squatters who bought the building from the city for cheap). To give you a sense of these people, our president has a public access show on CCTV (Cambridge Community Television), over a decade running (take that KATG!), who likes to write cat poetry and has a self printed book of poems that sits by my toilet...

I don't watch the show, but here's a pretty recent clip (he's the one on the left):

Oh, and fun story about discovering this guy... A few months before I started my house hunt I had fallen asleep on my couch and woke up to an episode of his show (around 4AM?). i think my cat had stepped on the remote or something. It was super funny, awkward, and bizarre. He had his then gf on the show to talk about love. the next day I wasn't sure whether I had dreamed it or not. Several months later, after I had bought my unit and moved in I saw him walk out of the building and recognized him. it was a trip. a few months later the very same girlfriend from that episode asked me to help her move out. "Unfortunately" I was "away" that weekend. Anyway, I dug up that episode because it honestly was really funny and fascinating and I can't believe I now know this person. I encourage you to toke up before you dive in:

more Mykey here: https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelkoran/videos
Sparrow and dannyhatch like this.

Last edited by Rosa; 06-25-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)

I actually started driving for uber recently and Chemdas point about "What you don't like to get hit on?" hit pretty close to home. Very true. I never appreciated how uncomfortable it can be for women and still can't since they are dealing with people who are mostly bigger and stronger than them but I will never again say to a woman "isn't it nice to be hit on though?"

Great show!
Old 06-29-2015, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This one was even magnificenter than the usual extremely high level of magnificance. Whatever you did to prepare for this episode Danny, do it for all episodes. This whole having-sex-while-being-scared-your-girlfriend's-dad-is-about-to-walk-in-on-you thing seems really good for you.
bw81 and Rosa like this.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Agree with Bucho - Danny is always great but there was something extra special about this one. I think there was more commitment and confidence in his delivery and it showed. Watching Keith and Chemda laugh so much was a treat.