Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree22Likes

Old 07-09-2015, 04:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

It's becoming clear now. Chemda is the better psycho-analyzer but it seems very convenient that Danny became sick on the week that he has to do one of his alone shows. I'm wondering if the whole argument thing was manifested by Danny to end up at this point so that he doesn't have to do one of these shows. Very interesting.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It is. So now we ask: should his next show be alone or not?
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:45 AM   #23 (permalink)

alone; yes. chat party also as well pleases and thank you.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It is. So now we ask: should his next show be alone or not?
Not alone. This is for purely selfish reasons.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #25 (permalink)

My thoughts

I could be very off base here but this situation seems similar to the teacher, student dynamic.

My observation is that Keith is initially in the role of the teacher. His intention is never to steal a joke, he knows Danny is helping the show and Keith's intention is to help both by crafting an idea and releasing its potential, showing what can be done with the raw thought. This was not a problem when Danny was in an intern role, he felt that he was learning and was content. Danny has blossomed, he has a fantastic show and is positively contributing to the KATG network both creatively and financially through VIP.

From what I can gather Danny is getting financial credit now but not necessarily a creative one. The dynamic between Keith and Danny is awkward because there is mutual respect but it is difficult to go from mentor/student to boss/employee. I imagine it is a difficult progression to go from fan to intern to employee, for all concerned.

Just a thought.

Keith and Chemda, I have had a silent appreciation of all you have done over the years. Your show has been a much needed constant through some difficult times.

Danny my love of your show grows with every episode. It is an honour to be able see you develop your craft, never doubt your contribution.
bluetommyb and Carruthers like this.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roiktpowerweasel View Post
I could be very off base here but this situation seems similar to the teacher, student dynamic.

My observation is that Keith is initially in the role of the teacher. His intention is never to steal a joke, he knows Danny is helping the show and Keith's intention is to help both by crafting an idea and releasing its potential, showing what can be done with the raw thought. This was not a problem when Danny was in an intern role, he felt that he was learning and was content. Danny has blossomed, he has a fantastic show and is positively contributing to the KATG network both creatively and financially through VIP.

From what I can gather Danny is getting financial credit now but not necessarily a creative one. The dynamic between Keith and Danny is awkward because there is mutual respect but it is difficult to go from mentor/student to boss/employee. I imagine it is a difficult progression to go from fan to intern to employee, for all concerned.

Just a thought.

Keith and Chemda, I have had a silent appreciation of all you have done over the years. Your show has been a much needed constant through some difficult times.

Danny my love of your show grows with every episode. It is an honour to be able see you develop your craft, never doubt your contribution.

Fuuuuuuuck you, lurker! Welcome to the forums.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

More VIP catch-up. I know I listened to this show when it came out, but now I can hopefully comment on 2204 more intelligently...

Like others have said, I do see both sides. But, was Danny doing stand-up at this point? Was he writing down all these clever things he was saying? Was he incorporating them into bits as part of a stand-up routine? Because otherwise, no joke thievery was going on, just uncredited feedback and hearsay.

And now on to 2204...