Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By craigdw
  • 1 Post By dannyhatch
  • 2 Post By craigdw
  • 1 Post By amnesiac

Old 09-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

186: Top Secret That's the Show with Danny Reel for Nerdist - DO NOT PUB

For Chris Hardwick's eyes only.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

He keeps playing me!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Danny, this is your best show ever. No shit. As I already told you in a Facebook comment, this is your Sgt. Pepper. Your brilliance lies in the contrast between the two sides of you: the one that's scared shitless about appearing weird, and the one that pushes the discomfort as far as it can go despite the fear. I don't want to make this too wordy (I know, too late), but there's so much to like about this episode. First of all, it has to be seen, not merely heard. The interaction between real Danny and clip Danny is expertly timed, and I don't think you'd get the full effect unless you see it in action. The single-camera, head-and-shoulders shot of you, looking rather like a 1968-era John Lennon is so very cool. The clips you picked were incredible, like the CLASSICALLY awkward Chris Gethard exchange where you called him "Daddy." I laughed until I almost puked. Then there is the constant promise not to interrupt, followed by your incessant and very funny interruptions. But, but, BUT your visuals -- like the arm worm and the staring into the camera blankly for a full 2 minutes -- were priceless. What I love about you, Danny, is that you're like that friend who shows up at my house and says let's take a drive. I immediately say yes without asking where. It doesn't matter where we're going. I know getting there is going to be a blast. You've never had a bad show, and you never will. Just keep driving weird. Love you.
dannyhatch, pAnnetaloons and Rosa like this.

CW Design Shop
Old 09-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yessss! Thank you Craig! I really was not sure about this episode so I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it so much. Although I'm upset that it was even released in the first place. Because it is top secret. Please forget you ever heard it.
craigdw likes this.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Danny, I wouldn't have had access to this episode at all if not for my recent subscription to the Dark Web (Time Warner had a coupon). I shall never speak of it again. Speak of what?
The Girl and dannyhatch like this.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Danny I loved this show. I really liked the format. Not that I don't like your other solo shows, but I preferred this one.

Just FYI, I don't like callers. Not when Keith & Chemda take them, not when you take them, not ever. That's probably why I liked this episode so much.

Keep it up!
dannyhatch likes this.