Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Old 10-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

9: Holy Shit There Are Nine of These

Danny welcomes very funny comedians Myq Kaplan and Micah Sherman onto his show, and they proceed to say very funny comedian things, which threw Danny off a little bit, but he thinks he managed to make a very entertaining show, if he does say so himself. Look, Danny is writing this right now. He doesn’t even realize why he’s still writing in the third person. Showbiz!

Foreign Films and Modern Plays

Danny Hatch (dannyhatch) on Twitter

Click here to join VIP today!

Last edited by Keith; 01-07-2013 at 03:35 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Danny, you're the best!! You're not the best ever, but you are the best host of that one show, the one with Danny. Another awesome and hilarious show. Even if Myq did steal the show, there would be no show to steal without the great Danny Hatch. Plus, you got mad props on The Black Guy Who Tips today. You're the Great Facilitator. Conglomeratin' the Zoo Crew since day one. Speaking of which, does the following carry any significance? Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Already listened to this ep twice. Loved it to the max both times. Not only that but Danny's catchphrase (the resigned, slightly defeated "Alright") gets me every time in every episode.

I've listened to almost 1672 KATGs, multiple guest appearances and spinoffs and videos and this might be the hardest I've ever heard Keith laugh.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I've listened to almost 1672 KATGs, multiple guest appearances and spinoffs and videos and this might be the hardest I've ever heard Keith laugh.
Right?? It totally adds to the show and it feels like Keith is a good 'lifeline' for Danny; both emotionally and physically. This episode and the last aren't getting deleted from thee ol' iPod. They're hysterical and get repeat play. It's awesome when guests like Micah and Myq come on as well because they have a similar, absurd sort of humor and really complimented the show well. You can tell Micah and Myq, (both seasoned stand-ups) could easily have verbally murdered Danny, but kept it to a light jabbing. Danny should be proud. He handled this episode where all the guests got out-of-hand very well. He let the comedy play out - and didn't freak out, (more than usual). KatG should play more snippets of TTSWD as a lot of fans are seriously missing out.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
You can tell Micah and Myq, (both seasoned stand-ups) could easily have verbally murdered Danny, but kept it to a light jabbing.
The rest of your review was very positive, and I thank you for your kind words but this is literally all I took away from it.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
The rest of your review was very positive, and I thank you for your kind words but this is literally all I took away from it.
Danny, this was merely a compliment on the skill level that Myq and Micah have attained and should not be misconstrued as a diss on your person. I'd say more, but you'd prolly read into it too much...
Old 10-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Here. Maybe this would make it more clear because I am a fan and I don't want to think , that you think, that I'm being a dick here. Danny, what I mean is that , when a seasoned, real comedian gets upset or feels challenged, they will verbally rip your ass apart. Myq and Micah could have ganged up on you, (and did to some extent) but did not (to a point of brutality) because they obviously like and/ or respect you. You handeled it really well and the whole 'Danny Hatch Talk Show Host' bit / thing was brilliant. You are really fortunate. Your fucking 20 and hanging out w/ pros. I'm jealous and amazed. That's all I guess I was saying. You should be proud. Your a Goddamn, super-young Letterman! There. Erase all previous words and just listen to that. Cheers
Old 10-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Danny, this was merely a compliment on the skill level that Myq and Micah have attained and should not be misconstrued as a diss on your person. I'd say more, but you'd prolly read into it too much...
I know you had the best of intentions. I just have a poisoned mind. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

That paper just says 'Monologue' - Myq Kaplan

You know you're not supposed to talk right now - Micah Sherman

How come there's no 10 minute podcast called Myq, Micah, and The Hatch.

This train-wreck produced comedy magic.

I like this episode.

You know how Brian Wilson sang, "I wished they all could be Californian.." In the realm of TTSWD; I wish they all could be Myq, Micah and Danny. The awkwardness is delicious.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Danny. I almost wrecked my car laughing so hard.

Good job.