Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree17Likes

Old 08-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

It's important to commit to not posting shite whilst drunk.
Scumhook likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 08-09-2013 at 04:14 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Perhaps there's a correlation between me posting drunk on an internet forum and everyone hating me...nah. Prolly not.
Definitely not a correlation between you posting drunk and people hating you.

People probably hate you just for you

Ahh fuck it, my love for you is too strong. How could anyone hate you, piffobby???

Quote:
eu contraire piffette - posting shite while drunk is the best time to post shite

@campy can correct my filthy Frog spelling if needed
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Whoa. That's so badass! Love me some David Yow. Never had the privilege of seeing them live. Hope to some day. Don't know if they're even a band or tour any more.

I did see Jesus Lizard's guitarist a couple years ago in the band Th' Legendary Shack Shakers. It was a great show. Their lead singer is kind of a punk/rockabilly/blues version of David Yow. Actually, he is compared to Jello Biafra of old. Just a great, fun lead singer. Got their album and wasn't terribly impressed, but highly recommend them live. Energy x 2 + Stage Presence.

Oh. So, I was gonna get Duane's signature and what not. I'm like "Hey, I'm a big Jesus Lizard fan - can I buy ya a beer?" He gave me the most disgusted look and was like 'Got a bowl?' I didn't. 'Well let me go backstage and change, I'll be out"

Lol. I never saw him again. Meanwhile, the lead singer has got 2 chicks and signing shit and taking pics and everyone's best friend.

I think about that show. The fact everyone but Duane was pouring sweat, rocking, having fun. He was just kind of standing there. Shuffling through chords with zero emotion. He seemed like a child at a guitar lesson. Just going through the motions...

I noticed he was playing a white electric First Act guitar, which is a shit, cheap-o Walmart thing. I don't think he's happy. I think he's broke and wishing Jesus Lizard were still around. Anyways.

Hey, have you ever seen any shows in the States? You into 'Les Savy Fav' at all?

What are some good New Zealand bands?
Haven't been to the States yet cobber but I think The Jesus Lizard are playing in Aus in October so may get across for that if the situation permits. And yep, I dig me some Les Savy Fav when the mood strikes. Haven't seen them live yet though.

As for NZ bands, if you go for The Jesus Lizard you just might dig some Head Like A Hole from the early-mid 90s ...

Old 08-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #34 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post

eu contraire piffette -
Sometimes I wonder what my forum name would sound like if raped by a smurf from France...

I bet Piffette sounds pretty cool in Aussie. I can hear Jim Jeffries saying it now. "So there I was. About to fuck ol' Piffette there..."

Rape down under must be wonderful. The sandy beaches by sunset and all.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #35 (permalink)

Bucho, that 'Comfortably Shagged' song aint bad. I don't like the name though. 'Head Like A Hole' sounds like a Nine Inch Nails cover band.

Remember that show Flight of the Conchords? I fucking miss that show.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
If it weren't for alcohol I'd rarely post. It only becomes a real problem if you constantly have to look at the previous day and ask yourself, Jesus Christ what dim-whitted horseshit did I say yesterday that today I have to defend myself?

It's a vicious cycle.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder what my forum name would sound like if raped by a smurf from France...

I bet Piffette sounds pretty cool in Aussie. I can hear Jim Jeffries saying it now. "So there I was. About to fuck ol' Piffette there..."

Rape down under must be wonderful. The sandy beaches by sunset and all.
Raping (or just fucking) on the beach is shit. Sand gets into places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad View Post
If it weren't for alcohol I'd rarely post. It only becomes a real problem if you constantly have to look at the previous day and ask yourself, Jesus Christ what dim-whitted horseshit did I say yesterday that today I have to defend myself?

It's a vicious cycle.
I fucking hear that, brother.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Bucho, that 'Comfortably Shagged' song aint bad. I don't like the name though. 'Head Like A Hole' sounds like a Nine Inch Nails cover band.

Remember that show Flight of the Conchords? I fucking miss that show.
I never liked the name much either but plenty of bands use song titles of other artists to name their band so I never get the covers vibe. I mean, maybe The Rolling Stones seemed like a Bob Dylan cover band back to some folks in the day but I'll never know. There's just no way to find out.

Speaking of name things, this is probably NZ's numero uno rock band, Shihad, named after Frank Herbert's Dune apparently. I've never read it or seen the movie but the band is one of the best live acts I've ever seen. They also blew Rage Against The Machine off the stage the same day Jesus Lizard did. This might make me sound like a RATM hater. I'm not. Jesus Lizard and Shihad were just that damn good.

I miss Flight of the Conchords too but I'm glad they quit when they felt like it instead of doing what way to many other sitcoms do and milking a dead horse. Or beating a cow. Neither course of action sounds like fun to me.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I miss Flight of the Conchords too but I'm glad they quit when they felt like it instead of doing what way to many other sitcoms do and milking a dead horse. Or beating a cow. Neither course of action sounds like fun to me.
This ^^^^

Mainly the quitting on your own terms, but I'm also generally opposed to the milking of dead animals or the beating of live ones.

Generally.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Mainly the quitting on your own terms, but I'm also generally opposed to the milking of dead animals or the beating of live ones.
This is why there is no more Chappelle Show. Well said, Scummy.

Shihad sounds like Shitty Jihad. Not bad, though. It's pretty hard to top British/ but mostly American punk. I'm biased though.

You guys see that documentary on Netflix 'What We Do is Secret' It's about Darby Crash from the Germs? It was pretty good. Something about NYC punk. I could say the same about NYC hip hop. There is a certain kind of depravity that exists there. It's a pre-requisite for art. London might have this to some degree as well.