Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   That's the Show with Danny (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f29/)
-   -   58: The Music Man (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f29/58-music-man-18181/)

Michael's Servant 11-14-2013 11:01 AM

58: The Music Man

Chris Laker joins Danny and his trusty co-guest Keith to discuss such topics as furniture, hair, and The Fonz, and then they all bear witness to a display of Danny’s insecurity, about which he’ll feel whichever way he goddamn wants to. It’s our longest episode! Nearly 90 minutes! Chemda’s going to be so mad! (RIP, by the way, Chemda. [She wasn’t on this episode.])

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

flerchin 11-14-2013 01:55 PM

I trust Danny to run his own show, and he's been right so far. The music doesn't hurt, but it does change the tone. Moving the quote to the end works very well.

Keith 11-14-2013 01:56 PM

This idiot's on your side, Danny.

dannyhatch 11-14-2013 02:38 PM

Flerchin, you're amazing. Don't listen to him, buddy.

flerchin 11-14-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 786511)
This idiot's on your side, Danny.

I am indeed.

NazT N8 11-14-2013 03:40 PM

I'm listening now. I like the music but I'm a dj so I'm a little bias.

And maybe it's just me, but whenever I'm in a grocery store or out and pass by a black dude I always get a head nod. I think they all know I'm half black.

dannyhatch 11-14-2013 05:08 PM

Nate, you're a DJ?

OLDPPL 11-14-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyhatch (Post 786534)
Nate, you're a DJ?

I always looked at Nate's avatar and assumed he was a short order cook who was scramblin' up some eggs! This is cray :D

On a serious note, all fans should hit Nate's Keith Malley VS Amy Winehouse link. It's hilarious and amazing and possibly evidence in a music royalties case.

NazT N8 11-14-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyhatch (Post 786534)
Nate, you're a DJ?

I've been called worse.

Every Friday from 6-8pm I spin live and record if you can't make it. I don't think I can put Mountain Goats to a hip hop or breaks beat but if you have a request let me know. I've spun remixes of Elvis, Fleetwood Mac, Nirvana, and Steppenwolf. Nothing is out of bounds.

NazT N8 11-14-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDPPL (Post 786550)
On a serious note, all fans should hit Nate's Keith Malley VS Amy Winehouse link. It's hilarious and amazing and possibly evidence in a music royalties case.

Thank you OLDPPL. If I put the mash up under Creative Commons I think I'm covered. If not, negative prosecution is good prosecution, right?

OLDPPL 11-14-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NazT N8 (Post 786559)
If not, negative prosecution is good prosecution, right?

I believe it was DJ Premier who said it best. "Word."

Bucho 11-15-2013 03:43 AM

No Keith, you don't have to talk when Danny leaves pauses. Don't you know by now? The pauses are golden. The pauses are Danny's music.

Also, this is my favourite hot sauce:

http://www.wholefoodslovelocal.com/s...1_hotsauce.jpg

Scumhook 11-16-2013 10:34 PM

I liked the discussion about hot sauces, and the stuff about cats was great too.

Scumhook 11-19-2013 01:33 AM

I feel bad that no one has mentioned Chris Laker yet.

Chris Laker, as with most comedians, appears to want Chris Laker mentioned and validated and talked about at every opportunity.

So, Chris Laker, allow me to tell you that you were a fucking great guest.

Standing like a titan of comedy, you towered over this podcast. There were moments where things were appearing to be starting to run smoothly, but fortunately for us, Chris Laker, you assisted in provoking the awkwardness which we all eagerly lust after.

Chris "LA" Laker, as Danny in a fit of creative brilliance, coined you; you are a comedic genius. This episode was easily the best TTSWD released since the last one, and for that, Chris Laker, I thank you.

So, Chris Laker, you have left your mark on TTSWD; and also on my soul.

P.S. Danny's stupid joke about The Band and his muffled cackling afterwards had me pissing myself laughing, so fuck you :D

andywebs 11-20-2013 02:54 PM

Great show, as always

I love TTSWD. It has a cult movie feel to it, cult podcast. Laker was another great guest. The guests that come on, and power through the awkwardness that is Danny are the best.

Listening to Danny vacillate between over confidence and self doubt is riveting.

I also want to hear more of Danny's writing, but only if read by a guest / Myka.

dannyhatch 11-20-2013 02:59 PM

And I want you to die!

andywebs 11-20-2013 03:00 PM

Okay

Give it time, I eventually will.

dannyhatch 11-20-2013 03:02 PM

Just kidding, thanks for the kind words/kind of a little bit shitty come on man words right at the end

andywebs 11-20-2013 03:04 PM

After re-reading my first comment it wasn't as positive as I had meant it. Great show.

dannyhatch 11-20-2013 03:10 PM

I'm just joking, baby. Shhhh. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I love you.