Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree4Likes

Old 04-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

77: The War on Drugs

Hi everyone! How are you? I’m pretty good, thanks for asking. You know what they say — another week, another Danny show. And here we are! This week we get into a serious conversation about drugs vs. alcohol and being a total square vs. not being a total square! It’s riveting stuff. Speaking of stuff, KATG Week is coming up and I want somebody to touch mine! Stuff, that is. Stuff meaning genitals, of course. So, uh, apply within I guess. Thanks! Holla at your boy!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Interesting that if you listen to The Brother Love Owwwr! in-studio show named Cheap Date (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...93/#post812881) you'll hear Chemda pick on The Brolo for leaving his paraphernalia all over the table, leaving it around for the camera to pick up. She doesn't understand why that's not seen by Brother Love as being ridiculous.

A week later, I'm the prude. Look how far we've come...
Old 04-11-2014, 05:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

That was a good debate on weed, I found myself going back and forth on what I believed. I think the fact that pot is less harmful than alcohol causes people to be much more willing at accept it as a form of escapism. That's what I feel concerned about when people use it too often. I don't personally know Danny and don't want to pretend I'm fully aware of what's happening inside his head, but I don't have to make too many mental hurdles to believe that he could be smoking for reasons such as getting out of his own head. I would be concerned with any of my friends using a substance in that way, reguardless of it being weed or alcohol or anything.

I really hope this made sense, and I'm very much not trying to sound judgmental, and don't think I know what's better for Danny than Danny.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The Brother Love and Chemda paraphernalia issue was interesting for sure, Keith. You could be right about weed affecting Danny's behaviour and habits in the long-term (just like alcohol does that for others) because you know him.

But you're being completely hypocritical about alcohol vs. weed and a boss giving it to their employee. As Chemda said, you did the exact same thing on your own show. And your arguments are always "that's what I think and that's it." Chemda keeps asking you for legitimate reasons and you bring up irrelevant arguments like "it's illegal." Because there's nothing else there. And I do believe there could be actual arguments. Just wish you would say something more.
Tomrl94 likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

it shouldn't be illegal; if that's not something one can see, the discussion can't really go any further. in the same breathe, as all drugs, it's also not 100% safe/wise for everyone all the time. balance and moderation in the appropriate time and place. i think at the end of the day that's something we can all agree on.
Tomrl94 likes this.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I see both Chemda and Keith's points about weed. The one thing I see in their argument about employers giving it to their employees is that the whole premise of My Name Is Keith is to get the guest drunk. If Danny was on a show with Chemda where the point was to get the guest high it would be the same. Since he's not, maybe that's where Keith sees a difference.

great show btw!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Whether or not it should be illegal doesn't change the fact it that it is, but haven't peeps sparked up live on air on at least two of the marathons? Did you feel weird about the illegal activity taking place within your business then Keith?

The other thing, about how you think weed changes Danny vs how booze changes Danny was an intriguing one and I wish it got delved into exactly how you see each thing changing him, especially because generally booze is considered an asshole-maker, whereas, like our pal Adrian pointed out ad nauseum, weed is a bore-maker.

This may come across like I'm on Chemda and Danny's side, but I'm actually pretty much on the fence, so I'm glad there's no poll and I don't have to make any har-rerd decisions because on the other side I do agree with Adrian that weed makes things boring for anyone who's not high, so I'm glad you resisted it and no sparks were upped.

Also Danny was hilarious this whole episode. It should go without saying by now that I find him ridiculously consistently hilarious, but I have all this space at the bottom of my post and no lame Twitter-esque character limit, and everyone loves reading long multi-paragraphical posts so I may as well just keep writing stuff, right?
Old 04-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Anti-Depressants and Ayahuasca/DMT

Great show Danny! (and Keith and Chemda)

I think its great that you want to experience psychadelics and empathogenics! They are great ways to reconfigure your perception. However DO NOT take them while you are taking anti-depressants! SSRIs and MAOIs inhibit your seratonin receptors and that can have a negative and dullling effect on LSD, DMT, and MDMA. My recommendation from experience would be to slowly cycle off of the depressive meds (with Dr. supervision if desired, but remember that pharmacuetical companies would rather you take SSRIs constantly than have you significantly cured of your depression by 1 or 2 psychadelic trips) Get in decent shape health-wise (just eating right and exercise, nothing crazy), then take your trip. I have the most experience with MDMA but I'd be happy to give you my input about anything whenever you want.

I enjoyed the cannabis/alcohol debate and I think some good points were made on both sides. I remember when I was about 23 years old (I'm 30 now) really coming down on my girlfriend (not in the fun way) about her smoking weed. I would get super upset that it seemed to make her a different person. Not long after, I began smoking myself and actually called her to apologize. But I think the fact that many people are more used to being around alcohol use/abuse than cannabis use/abuse, just makes people more able to interpret the differences in behavior/personality with a drunk person than a high one. I think the disassociative effect of cannabis can make people who aren't high more uncomfortable because they feel like they are operating on a different "level" than the person who is high, especially if they are trying to communicate or relate to them.

Best of luck Danny! Thanks for the laughs!

-Marc
Old 04-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I love Chemda and everything about Keith and the Girl. I do think it is a little irresponsible to not only do something on camera that is illegal in you place of work but also tell everyone where they can get this illegal thing next week. I am worried for the person you named. I do think weed should be legal. However right now it's not.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Also I have a 14 year old son. It would not bother me so much to find out he was smoking weed at 22 but to hear him talk about it so much would make me feel like he depended on it too much. Then to hear him name other drugs he wanted to try would bother me. My son actually reminds me a lot of Danny. If Danny was my son I would be a very a proud mom. I would be proud that I had a son that was not afraid to follow his dreams. At 35 I am not doing what I want to do because I am afraid.