Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By AlyssaN
  • 1 Post By flerchin
  • 2 Post By Tomrl94

Old 04-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

76: I Have a Drug Problem

Hey guys! *Coughing sounds* Wow, oh man, I am SO stoned right now. So, uh, I can’t really remember what we were talking about. Something about a show. The Simpsons? Oh! Wait, no, I got it. My show! My show is back! Hang on, let me spark up real quick. Ohhhhh, yeah, that’s the good stuff. So yeah, we’re back. This week we talk about stuff like jokes, and music, and books, and all the regular stuff you would expect to hear on That’s the Show with Danny. It’s very good, guys. I’m so proud of it. I love my podcast and I love you.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

"Listen sisters, yes he's a wimp a little bit, you might be able to destroy him, but that's not a reason to do it."

"I don't know if ... this is helping ..."

"I'm sorry, this is Tea Man."

Chemda's delivery on this was 100% LOLACOPTERS.

Edited to add: Why doesn't Dr Megaphone have his own Loveline-esque listener call-in spin-off show yet? And will the $20 co-pay thing ever not be funny to me? The second question I can already answer, and the answer is no, it will be funny to me every time. But the first question? I'm literally flummoxed.

Last edited by Bucho; 04-03-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: I was high. Oh, and by the way let me mention this: LOVE the show description for this week.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think the weed is doing good for you man you seem more relaxed. I ran cross country and track and they didn't like us to listen to music because you can't use it for the race. And I did the exact same thing with the repeating the same two lines of a song it got very irritating. Fun episode.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
I think the weed is doing good for you man you seem more relaxed. I ran cross country and track and they didn't like us to listen to music because you can't use it for the race. And I did the exact same thing with the repeating the same two lines of a song it got very irritating. Fun episode.
Speaking of weed, Canada's first licensed grower goes public on the TSX stock exchange in about 5 hours. Now that Colorado has shown the profit that can be made it wouldn't surprise me if takes off like VLT and gambling did last decade.
Medical Marijuana Grower Tweed Inc. To Start Trading Shares Friday

It's going to be ironic if this stock funds my KATG week trip next year
Old 04-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I watched the YouTube preview for this and totally thought I was a week behind. I was so convinced I had heard the show before . . . then I realized that I've gotten too good at the "Danny's voice in my head while I read his tweets" . . . so there's that
flerchin likes this.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I see Danny's mom on Facebook, and I feel like her posts have the tone of "oh you" in a playful way. If Danny feels like she's supportive, isn't that for him to decide?

"You walked right into the gas chamber." I LOLed.

Dunno if it's the weed or the zoloft, but it seems to be working from this angle.
Tomrl94 likes this.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Good show!

I got curious about what the issue was with Chemda and Marina, so I went and found the old episode. It's about an hour and a half long, and is equal parts of awkward and hilarious.

The Awkward Comedy Show (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

It's a cringefunny (is there a word for cringefunny? there should be) show to listen to.. Victor, Baron Vaughn, Hannibal Burress, and Marina Franklin all on to discuss their comedy show/tour, and whatever else comes up. It's amazing how quickly the awkwardness ratchets up. Keith and Chemda were on a very different level than Marina, and Marina just didn't seem to give a fuck. You can easily hear them get offended at her rudeness, so there are snide comments back and that slowly keeps escalating. So.. Chemda's right, I think Marina started it by not even bringing anything to it. Hannibal was pretty quiet, but it worked for him and was funny when he spoke. Victor's used to the speed/style of KATG and does a lot of dancing to keep everything from getting too awkward. Baron gets drunk, which helps relax tension quite a bit.

One to add to the KATG grudge list? Maybe not, as it seems to be Chemda personally.. but definitely a side note for it
Old 04-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

#HOOT'N'HOLLER
Keith and The Girl like this.