Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree8Likes

Old 10-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
You hope they get family that loves them. But that's not always the case sadly.
I'm not sure what exactly you're referring too here.

There is a shortage of babies to adopt. There is no shortage of children over the age of 2 in foster homes waiting for adoption. (not all children in foster care are legally adoptable). Unfortunately, many of those children come from broken homes with messed up issues. Most of these children have violent outburst and not as many people feel they can deal with those kinds of problems. Maybe they have other children or just feel it is too much to handle for them. The hard truth is that a child over 2 years old is much less likely to be adopted, it's a hard truth to come to terms with but true none the less.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Pity his mum didn't opt for an abortion.
HA!!!

I think everyone should have a free abortion. I don't need mine so I will gladly donate mine to someone who needs it.

But seriously: abortion should be legal, we shouldn't look down on people who get them. Sometes it IS the responsible thing to do. You want more people in this world like this one chick I know ? 16 with 2 kids (a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old and 1 only one of the kids is black, just saying) kicked out because of super religious parents, forced to find a guy she really doesn't love only to take her in and take care of her kids while she works third shift at the Claxton chicken plant because that's all she can get as a teen mom highschool dropout...

Adoption is very emotionally draining to carry something to term to give it up, drains the pocket, the kid probably isn't going to get proper pre-natal care, and then just the toll it takes from the body. Chemda's mom didn't get cavaties until she was pregnant.
Your life is interrupted for 9 months, time off from work, vomiting, cramps, can't sleep, and everything else that goes with it.
That is why.

Hmm, I didn't think I had that much to say on this... Guess I did.
Lanfear and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by Sorin Markov; 10-30-2014 at 10:52 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote