Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The Brother Love Owwwr!

The Brother Love Owwwr! Brolo's show

Like Tree6Likes

Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

13: Don't Be Afraid To Say I Love You

Alex is back. This time he's got a Yoko story.

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 934627_10200958043783723_130111454_n.jpg (117.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg record 2.jpg (398.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Marisela; 04-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Normally I agree with most of Brolos advice as his heart is in the place of peace and love and goodness. However, with the friendzone thing, ah jeez. Please please do not keep trying after the person you are pursing has made it clear that they are not interested. It will likely only lead in heartbreak for you and the friendship will never truly be that. There are some friendships that have changed from that to romance but they are in the VAST minority. It is not worth tying up your heart for the teeny tiny possibility. After you have laid things on the line by asking them out romantically or whatever and they turn you down it is best to separate yourself from the friendship until you can actually be a friend to the person not just masquerading as one to get the guy/girl.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

First off, it was very sad to learn about the passing of Bill Burr. He was one of the greats.

Secondly, cause we can't live in the past, I want to say I do agree with Brolo on the above point. You're saying when women make it clear they're not interested, to back off. Well sure. But like he said, it's not sounding very clear when she keeps what I also believe is flirting going on.

Don't risk losing this woman as a friend? Who cares. Being in the Friend Zone isn't the next best thing. It's the worst thing.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

BroLo, not that it matters, but you were thinking of comedian Patrice O'Neal who passed away from a diabetes influenced stroke. He was the big black comic from Boston. Bill Burr is the redheaded, pasty white comedian from Boston who is still putting out specials. You gave my little comedy nerd heart an attack there, for a second. Burr lives!

This episode had: Alex, vinyl, comedy, music, chicks, and big hair. My favorite.

Loved the guy's advice. "Try and do exactly the opposite of what you'd normally do." haha. Perfect nice guy advice.

Them Vibes. All That Jive. I'm in!

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 04-30-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Whoa. Juice Newton was sexy! Dig this song. Never heard it before.

Whatever happened to the Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, sexy female singer song-writers who played guitar? I feel like you don't see that nowadays or maybe they're just not as popular as the booty shaking ho-bags who sing a cheeseball chorus some record label wrote, over a techno dance beat.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I always prefered Angel of the Morning.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Maybe if they didn't ruin that song on the radio; it might still be listenable.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Being just friends when you want more is literally one of the worst things for my mental health. And I'd imagine for most people, guys or girls. If you have the connection that makes a friendship but you're infatuated then push it, try your hardest. You won't be able to stand being friends because of the way you feel anyways so its better to know you gave it your best shot.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by violachick8 View Post
Please please do not keep trying after the person you are pursing has made it clear that they are not interested. It will likely only lead in heartbreak for you and the friendship will never truly be that.
It just occurred to me that you are the only one who does not agree w/ BroLo or Alex. Probably because you are a woman and know first hand how awful and uncomfortable it can be...

I say have some couth, (manners or refinement) about it. Don't be a creep. Be sincere.

If it is clear that the relationship isn't going to pan out then I suppose you can beg for sex and/ or remind her that she is a prostitute for not having sex with you. It makes no sense, will surely haunt you as she warns all her friends of you being a psycho dick, but it will make you feel better for at least 5 minutes. Worth it!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
It just occurred to me that you are the only one who does not agree w/ BroLo or Alex. Probably because you are a woman and know first hand how awful and uncomfortable it can be...

I say have some couth, (manners or refinement) about it. Don't be a creep. Be sincere.

If it is clear that the relationship isn't going to pan out then I suppose you can beg for sex and/ or remind her that she is a prostitute for not having sex with you. It makes no sense, will surely haunt you as she warns all her friends of you being a psycho dick, but it will make you feel better for at least 5 minutes. Worth it!
I think I might not have made myself the most clear when writing what I wrote. Do make the grand gesture to do something and let them know FOR SURE that you are interested. It is then that you should remove yourself from the relationship.
I've been on both sides of it and in my experience this is the most healthy course of action.
On Keith's comment: If I remember correctly the writer of the letter has made no such grand gesture yet he was just texting her and wanting to know how to best proceed. I intended my post to be a response to Brolo and Alex's discussion of what happens after you make a gesture.
I wish I had had the time to post this sooner to clear things up but oh well.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.