Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The Brother Love Owwwr!

The Brother Love Owwwr! Brolo's show

Old 01-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

44: Never Call a Chick "Stupid"

Polina and The Brolo are Yenta-ing it up about chicks in sports, chicks in the bathroom, and chicks who date online.

Polina Roytman
Main « Polina Roytman
fashionbeautyandfun.com |

Taylor Brashears
Taylor Brashears Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Question from a fan:
Dear Brolo and Polina,
I was wondering what you two think about this online dating situation I'm in. I've been trying online dating for almost a year now and just met someone I think would be a great fit for me. I have eclectic taste and previously have only been on 2 dates . One guy wasn't right and the other one I dated for a couple of months until he stopped calling me. I felt like we both realized we liked each other, but it wasn't something that would last into the future.

So when I saw this new guy on the dating site, I felt like I had to message him. Even though he "liked" my profile, he didn't message me. So I messaged him and he responded. We made a plan to meet, but then texted a few days later to say he forgot he had a dentist appointment and could we "play it by ear" because he was crazy busy as it was the week before Christmas and he was going away for a few weeks. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I said, "Don't worry. I know how it gets this time of year." So a week passed and then he texted he was sorry the week got away from him and that he was leaving the next day for Honolulu and to "be well." I wasn't sure if that meant he was kindly blowing me off or if he was still interested because he could have easily said that he was looking forward to seeing me when he got back.

Well the next day he called me from Hawaii to say hello. We didn't talk long, but he did say he was looking forward to seeing me when he got back. That seemed great, but I did find it a little odd that I was the one who brought up questions like where do you work, etc. Since then he has messaged me a couple of times with very brief but cute messages. Also, I uploaded a new pic of myself one day that he "liked". I have returned his messages with a few sentences because I feel like he doesn't want to really communicate. I am feeling like if he was really interested he would be trying to get to know me by writing back and forth a little. Since I have been online for awhile now I have gotten a lot of positive feedback about my photos and profile indicating that I am somewhat unusual i.e. pretty for my age and a humble, nice interesting person. In fact a few men have said that I am only 1 of 3 profiles they have ever come across that are that intriguing. I'm not saying this to compliment myself, I'm saying that since I had been married for 16 years and then had a 2-year relationship that also failed, I am looking at signs at the beginning of a relationship that could mean he is not the right fit for me. I tend to ignore warning signs.

So to sum up, do you think the briefness of his messages are an indication that he is not totally committed to the idea of finding a serious girlfriend or he has commitment issues? He is 55 and his profile says he is looking for someone 30-50! I'm 48, so, phew, I just made the cut!! (Just kidding). I feel like if he was really looking for someone seriously, he would be worried that I would meet someone else before he gets back.

Thanks for listening!
Jessica
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mee-300x300.jpg (25.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg photo-14.JPG (230.2 KB, 1 views)

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)

Last edited by Marisela; 01-07-2014 at 01:16 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Brolo has been suffering from foot in mouth disease I see, but fret not I'm probably the only one who took offense to the "it's not like it's a hip hop club!" line you dropped.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote